Vibrant dose more than once a week

Andrisca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, does any of you guys ever use vibrant more than once a week? I’ve been fighting algae and it start to irritating me

Attachments

• IMG_9783.MP4
    5.1 MB

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it once a week for 7 weeks and have now been using it twice a week since. Algae still wants to grow. I am Working on alternative solutions and then I plan on trying to stop using. I would say give it at least 6 to 7 weeks before going to twice a week.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few recent threads about vibrant, what is actually in it and even some about how the algaecide works in tanks. There is no bacteria in it. The quat (busan 77) will quickly bind to any negatively charged substance (nearly all life forms and maybe even rock and sand) where it will likely stay attached until it is absorbed or broken down after some time. The more organics that you have in your tank, the more places for it to bind. The quat does not selectively seek out just the algae. You can find the threads and decide if it is worth the risk to use it more frequently - if you do decide to use it, AlgaeFix by API is the exact same thing at a substantial cost savings.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back