Vibrant v/s Christmas tree / feathe dusters

tmynice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen any negative effects of using Vibrant with any form of Tube worms? Since starting to use it a few weeks ago, none of my Tubeworms are coming out. The only thing in my tank that has changed was the use of Vibrant. Let me know if I am alone. Thanks!

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant is not safe for feather dusters and coco worms, IME. I would stop dosing it.

OP
OP
T

tmynice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant is not safe for feather dusters and coco worms, IME. I would stop dosing it.
. I thought that might Be the case. How come no warning on the bottle? Arggggg. Thanks for the info. how do you know it is not safe for them.

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
. I thought that might Be the case. How come no warning on the bottle? Arggggg. Thanks for the info. how do you know it is not safe for them.
Because they look awful, the feathers shrink to half their size, they won't come out and feed. It was quite obvious to me it was killing them. I stopped dosing it and it took about two weeks for them to recover. Vibrant will kill sponges, gorgonians and pisss off anemones as well.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because they look awful, the feathers shrink to half their size, they won't come out and feed. It was quite obvious to me it was killing them. I stopped dosing it and it took about two weeks for them to recover. Vibrant will kill sponges, gorgonians and pisss off anemones as well.

Well that’s what happened to my gorgonian

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 3 in my tank and I've been using vibrant for nearly a year(was using it twice a week for a few months too) now with 0 effect.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back