Vibrant - What is it actually?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RyanS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've used Vibrant a few times on a tank with sporadic HA problems. It worked well, but one big caveat. After smacking a tank twice over 6 months with vibrant it developed a slow growing turf algae that doesn't respond to vibrant.

Vibrant out competes some nuisance algaes, but not others.
 
At this point, I'm thinking about finding some lab to send my bottle to so a complete biological/chemical analysis can be done. I'm trying to figure out what services I should be looking for.

It's reading like an algaecide with some carbon dosing to me. When you experience and see stories of it getting used and then all of a sudden algae goes white and decomposes, that's algaecide IMO.
Well that statement turned out to be fairly prescient now didn't it?

I started the clickbait thread speculating Vibrant had fluconazole in it just based on how I saw it work in my tank. The kill pattern matched exactly some experience with fluc.

Taricha and I tag along together in the dino threads pretty often, and he saw the same pattern kill pattern with AlgaeFix. Then Jeff came along with the "blue" test idea for detecting polyquats and Taricha ran with it. That thread got way out of hand, so Taricha then restarted the discussion in the thread you just tagged.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new