Vibrants effects on ATS

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago I noticed GHA creeping back into my tank so I used Vibrant to get the few patches under control and then started addressing the underlying issues.
With that underway I noticed that the turf algae that had been growing on my ATS changed to a slime algae. This slime grew fast and I had to remove it every few days.
Now when the GHA was gone I stopped using Vibrant but the slime algae kept on being the new dominant strain on my ATS, and I kind of resigned myself to it even though there were still signs of the turf algae on the screen.
Well after almost two months of not using Vibrant, the thick turf algae is making a strong comeback.

Today I noticed that the mat on the ATS was thick and stringy not flat and slimey.

Just a heads up to folks using Vibrant, it is indiscriminate and will attack everything algae based in your tank.

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant. An algicide not a bacteria will disrupt your ecosystem and your tank can become addicted to it. Be prepared for red slime or Dino’s when stopping it

Back