Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
luckily, The fish was still in quarantine.
It's not luck if It was because of foresight and forward planning.

Luck would be falling 8 feet off a currently being built jungle gym and not getting a scratch...

Just curious why you decided not to prophylactically treat? Not even h2o2 dip?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not luck if It was because of foresight and forward planning.

Luck would be falling 8 feet off a currently being built jungle gym and not getting a scratch...

Just curious why you decided not to prophylactically treat? Not even h2o2 dip?
Thank you. I feel blessed to have a friend like you.
that sounds like a story...8ft is quite a fall.

I put them in with my lamarcks angel and yellow tail damsel in the UV QT after a single H2O2 bath and then could not get more salt for the transfers. My LFS is closed and I have only a small amount of salt. They seemed fine. No other fish looks bad or is acting strange. I took a chance and lost. I went ahead and did a formalin dip and moved them to a 20L filled halfway. I will be starting a hybrid TTM I hope it is not too late for the other fish.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not big enough? I will have to figure it out again. Thank you for the compliment! :)
Are they ever?

I made some very well thought out rational choices regarding size avd layout of my fishroom. I love it, and the space I have been lucky enough to be able to devote to it.

But man, I would love another 6" between my water change station and my sink so I could rotate the WC station 90 degrees and free up 4' of wall space.

Didn't imagine I would get so into live foods and phyto, lol. I'd Love to be able to keep it all together instead of spread over 2-3 locations

U

User1

View Badges
Are they ever?

I wouldn't know - no fish room here :). My better half had to listen to me pontificate about the best, and cleanest, way to try and setup an automatic water change system. That failed so I went outback and kicked a bush and said a few swear words :). Later that same day on the way back from a Dr. appointment I was saying to her. Babe, maybe we should just sell the house and buy a new one. She turned then smacking me half heartedly and said no. We are not moving because you want a easier way to do a automatic water changes or stop carrying buckets of fresh auto top off water :(.

She is right of course :). In any case I always envy those with rooms behind the tank or in wall tanks that allow this sort of stuff. I have a laundry room but it is on the other side of a hallway where my office and tank is.

Sorry about the fish loss. Hope all is well with you and your family. Just catching up after a couple days. Oh - forgot to say I like the ceiling color and lighting.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I share this already? My youngest has picked up the guitar, and I am loving it! No twinkle twinkle little star, or guns & roses, he is going right for Dave! That is some mean guitar! Their poor fingers ache from learning Dave chords!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I share this already? My youngest has picked up the guitar, and I am loving it! No twinkle twinkle little star, or guns & roses, he is going right for Dave! That is some mean guitar! Their poor fingers ache from learning Dave chords!

Very cool!

That strum he does at 11 seconds in sounds an awful lot like the song below which puts him in good company also...

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool!

That strum he does at 11 seconds in sounds an awful lot like the song below which puts him in good company also...

I thought the exact same thing. What’s that about greatly twisted minds?

U

User1

View Badges

Probably already know but Fender is providing 3 months of their online courses for free. Originally it was only for the first 100,000 but they have since opened it up more due to the current social lock downs and self QT.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home made giant jenga!
EB4333AC-C80D-4C2A-B9FB-BDB7CCCC9203.jpeg
7379D928-B0D3-4CE6-A588-C945F4510480.jpeg
CF7277A5-5AE3-4E73-A80C-2E3B8840EED8.jpeg

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't feel brave, I don't feel proud, I don't feel selfless. Going to work with covid patients with out the proper PPE does not make me a hero. I love and respect nurses with all my heart. We can be a fierce bunch. We fearlessly advocate for our patients. But we are not fierce in defense of our selves. We will stand up for the weak, the ill or powerless but not for ourselves when we are powerless. Everyone is so afraid to stand up for what is right for us. Afraid to be seen as uncooperative, fearful, or a complainer. “There is nothing we can do about it so there is no sense complaining”
I am tired, I am emotional.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't feel brave, I don't feel proud, I don't feel selfless. Going to work with covid patients with out the proper PPE does not make me a hero. I love and respect nurses with all my heart. We can be a fierce bunch. We fearlessly advocate for our patients. But we are not fierce in defense of our selves. We will stand up for the weak, the ill or powerless but not for ourselves when we are powerless. Everyone is so afraid to stand up for what is right for us. Afraid to be seen as uncooperative, fearful, or a complainer. “There is nothing we can do about it so there is no sense complaining”
I am tired, I am emotional.
Its been 6 weeks.

You have worked in conditions that are the biological equivalent of sending those dudes into the Chernobyl and fukashima reactors

you are way beyond hero in my opinion. You and your colleagues have done an incredible job in light of the appaling way you have been treated. To have done so for so ling already is a testament to your empathy and passion for saving lives

i am honored to consider you a friend

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to that. Hero’s do what needs doing and never think of themselves as anyone other than doing what they can do and needs doing. All I have are thoughts and prayers and thanks for those who do the jobs that need doing no matter the circumstances. All the docs nurses and responders are deserving of our support thanks and love. I pray you all get the tools and equipment you need to keep doing the job as safe as possible. Bless you and all the hero’s

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back