Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

U

User1

View Badges
Ah, ok, gotcha. I used to have a lathe to turn legs and stuff ..... then I realized it’s easier to just buy them ....

But...you could also make PENS! J/k. Well, not really. I think a decent lathe is always nice to have for when you do get the urge. I use my brother in laws a lot to make pens to pass around here and there. But has I look at my brother in laws tool collection, and he is a woodcrafter by trade, I can't do it. It is bad enough I'm a data hoarder I can't be a tool hoarder on top of it because he has so many...down right scary.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who may remember I have been having trouble with my Hanna ULR Phosphorous checker. I email Hanna and shared my problems with them. Excellent customer service. They had me send it in to get it checked. They sent me a whole new meter! What amazing customer service! @Hanna Instruments a shout out for excellence in service!

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who may remember I have been having trouble with my Hanna ULR Phosphorous checker. I email Hanna and shared my problems with them. Excellent customer service. They had me send it it to get it checked. They sent me a whole new meter! What amazing customer service! @Hanna Instruments a shout out for excellence in service!

Excellent. Not surprised.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I mention to everyone that I went back and edited my second post in my build thread to place my livestock plans in an easy to find and update place. I am starting to see the attraction of your second thread, @NY_Caveman as a document of your aquariums progress and changes. I do have an app that I use to document so many things about my aquarium in. And of course this thread. but as you all know build threads take on a life of their own and may not to the easiest way to find info. But a great way to get to know everyone on R2R!

U

User1

View Badges
Did I mention to everyone that I went back and edited my second post in my build thread to place my livestock plans in an easy to find and update place. I am starting to see the attraction of your second thread, @NY_Caveman as a document of your aquariums progress and changes. I do have an app that I use to document so many things about my aquarium in. And of course this thread. but as you all know build threads take on a life of their own and may not to the easiest way to find info. But a great way to get to know everyone on R2R!

Nice addition and idea. I saw you have a Six Line Wrasse on the list. While I personally like them, and have owned one in the past, they tend to get a pretty bad reputation around here and other forums. Something about the big attitude in a size 1 shoe :) There is a very similar fish, the Pink Streaked Wrasse, that is a bit (ok, a lot) more friendly. I've personally never owned one but they do look similar at least at face value and what I've read.

I had a Six Line years ago in a 100 gallon tank. Lots of live rock and sand. Great fish, friendly, and very active. Other tank members at the time are tomato clowns, kole tang, a few chromis, and Bartlett anthias. I personally never had any fatalities in the tank that are directly related to the Six Line. It was constantly swimming, hovering over rocks, eyes moving, looking, and foraging for the next pod or worm to eat. That is why I personally like it. The splash of color when it darted from a to be location or the sudden stop, hover, eat, and move.

Could be I had a rare one that was all about golden bombs of light and love instead of death and destruction. Be that has it may just wanted to say that if you didn't know maybe read up on that Pink Streaked instead as a backup plan.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice addition and idea. I saw you have a Six Line Wrasse on the list. While I personally like them, and have owned one in the past, they tend to get a pretty bad reputation around here and other forums. Something about the big attitude in a size 1 shoe :) There is a very similar fish, the Pink Streaked Wrasse, that is a bit (ok, a lot) more friendly. I've personally never owned one but they do look similar at least at face value and what I've read.

I had a Six Line years ago in a 100 gallon tank. Lots of live rock and sand. Great fish, friendly, and very active. Other tank members at the time are tomato clowns, kole tang, a few chromis, and Bartlett anthias. I personally never had any fatalities in the tank that are directly related to the Six Line. It was constantly swimming, hovering over rocks, eyes moving, looking, and foraging for the next pod or worm to eat. That is why I personally like it. The splash of color when it darted from a to be location or the sudden stop, hover, eat, and move.

Could be I had a rare one that was all about golden bombs of light and love instead of death and destruction. Be that has it may just wanted to say that if you didn't know maybe read up on that Pink Streaked instead as a backup plan.

With the exception of the last 18 months or so of our tanks life, we have always had a 6 line wrasse. The boys love them. We had a yellow coris wrasse most recently though and loved that guy too. As of right now they want the six line, but we shall see.

Maybe I have another exception... My six line has been in a 40 long with a pair of clowns and an Ebli Angel and he has never caused a problem and is one of my favorite fish. I have read the horror stories but this one has been great.
We must be the exception. Hope our good luck lasts!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That crazy curious always hunting behavior was what we loved too. The six lines we had always had a queen angel in residence. I wonder if they had anything to do with our good luck? LOL

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ca1ore Do you think purchasing 4-5 adult sized azure damsels to add to my resident (1) yellow tailed damsel and (1) azure damsel will a good choice? My original plan was to purchase 4-5 tank bred smaller azure damsels but my LFS has a group on hold for me. I love supporting my LFS but does smaller captive bred vs wild caught larger ones present advantage or disadvantage in your experience?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the exception of the last 18 months or so of our tanks life, we have always had a 6 line wrasse. The boys love them. We had a yellow coris wrasse most recently though and loved that guy too. As of right now they want the six line, but we shall see.
My 6-line has been a model citizen, but I won't add any other wrasses with him there in an effort to avoid problems.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 6-line has been a model citizen, but I won't add any other wrasses with him there in an effort to avoid problems.
Yeah I can see that. We are deciding 6 line vs. yellow wrasse. I am leaning towards 6 line. I like walking on the wild side.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back