Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!

My favorite part of watching the tank is the interactions between the fish.
Definately! The nice thing about putting some effort into your QT is that the fish behave more naturally and it is just so much more satisfying to watch them while you are doing a QT proces. It makes it easier to Not rush it. I have found lots of plastic plants and nice hides brings the fish out and gives them more confidence than a few PVC pieces.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost a clown fish and an azure damsel. :( We noticed white stringy poop from one of the clowns so my guess is that is the clown that died. :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:(

How is the Butterfly looking?
It looks pretty good. The colors are a little muted though. It is eating frozen really well.
The fish that died were captive bred. But very small.
Also, we saw a fluke on the other clown fish. I dosed the rest of the prazi pro. As I tried to catch the clown I noticed the fluke fell off. It left a small mark.
I usually get my fish from my LFS and they QT in copper for two weeks prior to putting the fish in their sales floor tanks. I have never lost a fish from them.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown fish is looking bad. Breathing hard and fast. He was Resting on the bottom of the tank. I caught him, did a weak methyl-in blue bath, and a failed freshwater dip. Right now he is sitting in a very weak m-blue cup of water. I need to decide what to do next.
I hate this part of the hobby.
Should I dose copper to the QT before the other fish show signs of issues? I brought the prazipro up to full dose yesterday.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks pretty good. The colors are a little muted though. It is eating frozen really well.
The fish that died were captive bred. But very small.
Also, we saw a fluke on the other clown fish. I dosed the rest of the prazi pro. As I tried to catch the clown I noticed the fluke fell off. It left a small mark.
I usually get my fish from my LFS and they QT in copper for two weeks prior to putting the fish in their sales floor tanks. I have never lost a fish from them.
Hate reading about your issues, but glad you have reached the stocking point! Which LFS do you normally use?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown fish is looking bad. Breathing hard and fast. He was Resting on the bottom of the tank. I caught him, did a weak methyl-in blue bath, and a failed freshwater dip. Right now he is sitting in a very weak m-blue cup of water. I need to decide what to do next.
I hate this part of the hobby.
Should I dose copper to the QT before the other fish show signs of issues? I brought the prazipro up to full dose yesterday.
This is the hardest part. :(

Without knowing the problem, its hard to say if copper should be next or not. No visible symptoms makes it tough.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3470.JPG
IMG_3479.JPG
IMG_3470.JPG
IMG_3479.JPG
IMG_3480.JPG

Her eyes are more in focus than her mouth but she has found a favorite place for food and it gave me a much better place to observe her. Her mouth looks injured and I think I see a fluke on her eye.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your QT tank, but if I stare at it too long I start to have flashbacks.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3483.JPG
Have I ever posted the shot of my tank from my kitchen? I love having it right here where we see it during every family meal.
That is fantastic.

The biggest regret of my system is it is in my home office. Now that it is maturing I think even my wife is regretting it didn't end up in a more public area of the house.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back