Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3136.JPG
IMG_3137.JPG

I completely hooked up my new r/o di filter, including the much nicer faucet thingy. Love that I got rid of my crazy hose Y but now I can not use my python with out removing my faucet thingy...it is always something. These days I usually only use my python to clean my brutte so only time will tell.

iced98lx

Chris
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely hooked up my new r/o di filter, including the much nicer faucet thingy. Love that I got rid of my crazy hose Y but now I can not use my python with out removing my faucet thingy...it is always something. These days I usually only use my python to clean my brutte so only time will tell.

You could get some plumbing to hook the RO/DI line up to the plumbing below the sink and have nothing attached to the faucet if you wanted to, that way you could attach the python without extra effort...

Eewwwww!

Hardly any of these guys were in my tank but look at that!

Arrg, those wretched things. I hate them, but they do end up sort of finding hidden places to be eventually like your overflow. I wish I could reboot and rid myself of them.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could get some plumbing to hook the RO/DI line up to the plumbing below the sink and have nothing attached to the faucet if you wanted to, that way you could attach the python without extra effort.
that is certainly something to consider. The filter did come with a water line tap thing but My husband did not want to use it. I am still thinking about how to make it work. thanks.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the dry base rock this weekend. Planning to rinse them in tapwater, etch them in acid, rinse again in tap water, then soak in ro di water. Then start testing for phosphate. I am open to suggestions if I am missing something in the process.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3156.JPG
IMG_3157.JPG
IMG_3158.JPG
IMG_3159.JPG
I got to work on my acrylic projects today. The pictures show how the sock holder slides over to be under the drain line and slides back out again to remove the sock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3161.JPG

Left side of the sump, the drain side
IMG_3164.JPG

right side of the sump. All the wires are pretty set. And will look much better when they are plugged in.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To improve the room lighting I also picked up new LED 90W can light bulbs to replace the 60W. It made a nice difference. and they were on clearance for 75% off.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back