Video ideas for fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time you guys don't have any videos ready to release on a Friday you should compile and put together a blooper reel I bet you guys have some good ones. Then you definitely need to have a good April's Fool's video tell people you're taking pre-orders for the vertex cerebra and the trident although with them shipping to insiders already I guess it's possible it might not be a joke on the trident lol

Rollster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an idea, not a fun one,but it would be good to know what are the "must have test kits". I'm kinda new to the hobby, and I dont have the latest and greatest bells and whistles. I'm struggling with picking what I would need to maintain a healthy tank or to troubleshoot if an issue arises. I'm planning on maintaining basic corals. How do I know if I'm getting the right one(s)! what are the basic, but crucial, test kits to keep around.

Last edited:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an idea, not a fun one,but it would be good to know what are the "must have test kits". I'm kinda new to the hobby, and I dont have the latest and greatest bells and whistles. I'm struggling with picking what I would need to maintain a healthy tank or to troubleshoot if an issue arises. I'm planning on maintaining basic corals. How do I know if I'm getting the right one(s)! what are the basic, but crucial, test kits to keep around.

Good question for sure. Everyone has their preferences on test kits, but I'd be happy to share my favorites for the major parameters.

Alkalinity- Hanna dKH checker. This is one of the easiest and quickest alkalinity tests to perform. The digital readout takes the guessing out of reading a color change. The Red Sea alkalinity test kit is a close second for me as the color change is easy to read and it is a pretty quick test as far as titration testing goes.
Calcium- The Red Sea kit is my go-to.
Magnesium- Red Sea again for me.

Nitrate- Nyos. This kit is very easy to tell the difference between colors. The only downside is that it isn't super high resolution. The results go from 0 to 1 to 3 to 6 to 12 to 25 etc. For me, that is all I need. If you are keeping nitrate levels very close to zero, you might find the Red Sea kit more helpful.
Phosphate- The Hanna Phosphate ULR. There really isn't anything that beats it IMO.

Rollster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question for sure. Everyone has their preferences on test kits, but I'd be happy to share my favorites for the major parameters.

Alkalinity- Hanna dKH checker. This is one of the easiest and quickest alkalinity tests to perform. The digital readout takes the guessing out of reading a color change. The Red Sea alkalinity test kit is a close second for me as the color change is easy to read and it is a pretty quick test as far as titration testing goes.
Calcium- The Red Sea kit is my go-to.
Magnesium- Red Sea again for me.

Nitrate- Nyos. This kit is very easy to tell the difference between colors. The only downside is that it isn't super high resolution. The results go from 0 to 1 to 3 to 6 to 12 to 25 etc. For me, that is all I need. If you are keeping nitrate levels very close to zero, you might find the Red Sea kit more helpful.
Phosphate- The Hanna Phosphate ULR. There really isn't anything that beats it IMO.

Nice! thanks! I will add these test kits to my BRS shopping cart!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back