Video Question

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the video issue is a software issue more than a R2R issue. I know another forum I’m on has it disabled due to issues with it

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you want to post videos, posting links to YouTube videos seams to work well for most people across most platforms.
I noticed that but I don’t want to post them on YouTube…so I avoid posting them on here as much as I want to…I just add a link it to a social media page I posted it on.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that but I don’t want to post them on YouTube…so I avoid posting them on here as much as I want to…I just add a link it to a social media page I posted it on.
Post them as unlisted to YouTube which means only people with a link can view it. People on YouTube won’t be able to search it but people viewing your post can.

Posting to YouTube is quick and easy (I do it through my phone).

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Post them as unlisted to YouTube which means only people with a link can view it. People on YouTube won’t be able to search it but people viewing your post can.

Posting to YouTube is quick and easy (I do it through my phone).
I could do that I know lol but I don’t! Maybe I will.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that don't like YouTube there are multiple sites that work great and provide better privacy. Here is list of the larger ones:

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those that don't like YouTube there are multiple sites that work great and provide better privacy. Here is list of the larger ones:

Thanks!

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also for the non-computer savvy ...
When you post a video somewhere you are moving a copy of that video from your computer or your phone or your tablet to another server (computer) located somewhere else. This is called hosting. This is easier because you don't have to deal with the bandwidth and security issues if you were to host it on your computer where you must open up your firewall and allow access from the interenet to your computer, phone, table etc ... To host the video on R2R you must be allowed to upload the video to their server and then they will host the video from their server. This is extremely expensive because the bandwidth cost of streaming (downloading) many many views of your video at the same time is because it there is so much data being moved. This is why most small social media sites avoid this. Facebook, Twitter etc ... are very large companies and deal with the cost and also take advantage of economies of scale to make it free to the user.

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found the easiest way to post a video is from my Facebook page. Faster then messing with YouTube.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back