Vietnamese clams?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ThaBeast
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

ThaBeast

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2009
Messages
828
Reaction score
442
Location
Henderson KY
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Has anyone had experience with these from DD? How about pyramid snails, anyone get those on a clam from DD?
 
I stay away from Vietnamese clams as I have heard from several dealers that they have had problems due to poor harvesting. I did receive a squamose from DD several years ago, had it about a month and it died. Inside the shell were numerous pyramidal snails. I have since bought several clams from DD and have not had that issue.
bsa
 
I have a few clams from Vietnam and they are doing very well. I would recommend quarantining all new clams just to be on the safe side.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new