Viparspectra 165 board replacement

h4wk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my rig gave up and the light fell into the water :( Luckily everything survived since it didn't completely submerge.
And even the leds work but the board inside has been corroded by the salt water and all leds seem to be on on 100% when I power it and I'm unable to change it.

I was thinking of buying a new box and keeping this one as replacement parts but I was also thinking that there has to be a way to replace just this board that doesn't cost as much.
I did some research but couldn't find or understand if what I found would work.

Anyone here has experience with this? Or can point me to the right direction? :)

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my rig gave up and the light fell into the water :( Luckily everything survived since it didn't completely submerge.
And even the leds work but the board inside has been corroded by the salt water and all leds seem to be on on 100% when I power it and I'm unable to change it.

I was thinking of buying a new box and keeping this one as replacement parts but I was also thinking that there has to be a way to replace just this board that doesn't cost as much.
I did some research but couldn't find or understand if what I found would work.

Anyone here has experience with this? Or can point me to the right direction? :)
These lights are put together extremely cheap to begin with. There's even the rare stories out there of perfectly good units catching fire. If corrosion is an issue, it would probably be safer to replace the whole unit.

OP
OP
h4wk

h4wk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lights are put together extremely cheap to begin with. There's even the rare stories out there of perfectly good units catching fire. If corrosion is an issue, it would probably be safer to replace the whole unit.
That sounds a bit scary. To be a bit clearer, to me it looks like the issue is this guy since what I can't do at the moment is change the percentages and the timer. And my guess is it ahould be an easy (and cheap) replacement

Attachments

• 20210716_182502.jpg
    20210716_182502.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 34

Apotack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact the manufacturer, I had a power supply go bad they sent a replacement free of charge. My warranty was long since expired

Back