VIPARSPECTRA LED replacement remote?

kingkai512

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what I can use to replace the

VIPARSPECTRA 165w remote? I purchased some that did not come with the remotes and are preset to custom settings and id like to edit it a bit.​

what else can i use?

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact Viparspectra and explain your situation, they just might send you a free remote. When I first purchased mine I dropped the remote in the water when installing light. Well I called them and told them the truth about getting remote wet and they sent me a free remote. Also when the remote wears out "only last a year if used daily" they also send me replacements free of charge. How great is that?

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what I can use to replace the

VIPARSPECTRA 165w remote? I purchased some that did not come with the remotes and are preset to custom settings and id like to edit it a bit.​

what else can i use?

Send me a pm with your name and full address & I'll drop one in the mail for you. I have a few extras.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have remotes and still adjust the setting manually. Since I have two of them next to each other was never really sure how I would change one and not the other without doing manually.

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have remotes and still adjust the setting manually. Since I have two of them next to each other was never really sure how I would change one and not the other without doing manually.
Just put your hand over the screen on the one you don't want changed, & it won't pick up the remote

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put your hand over the screen on the one you don't want changed, & it won't pick up the remote
Yeah, but if I have to put my hand near the light I'd just do the whole thing manually anyway.

Doug27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you set them manually ? I can’t even set my clock lol

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my original remote, but don't use it much. I mapped the remote buttons to my harmony (ir remote) hub. Harmony works with Smartthings and Amazon/Google. So now I can control my viparspectra lights with voice command (alexa or google) from anywhere or using the harmony app or smarthings app on my phone. You just need the harmony hub in view of the lights to work, and wifi to connect to smarthings/harmony.
In order to do this though, you need the original remote to program the Harmony hub with the IR commands. Harmony had no preprogrammed profiles for viparspectra remotes.

Unfortunately, this doesn't really help the OP.

atti2d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can get a remote for the Viperspectra 165w. I'm just starting up after being out of the game after over 22 years. Recently moved and i believe my lovely wife tossed it thinking it was not needed. Any advice would be great!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back