Visible sump

dieselgoose

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any1 out there run their sump/refug. As a visible tank like a DT. I was think of setting up a twin system with the sump in a matching aquarium right next to the DT. I guess the real question is does any1 else love the sump just as much as the DT, I know I find myself spending just as much time there as I do on the DT.

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen pictures of visible sumps and I personally think it’s cool to see the workings of a reef tank. The only thing is you would have to make sure it is set up functionally while also being aesthetically pleasing. Also have to keep in mind that you’ll need to keep the sump extra clean due to it also being on display.

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t already search Google for “visible sump reef”. There are some good looking display sumps.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, this is definitely the current "In thing" to do:

20220527_225856.jpg

All I had to do was change out the entire original plumbing, sump and take off the doors of a 5 year fully functional 200+ gallon reef tank. Piece of cake...

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll show it to anyone that wants to see it. Most people do not want to know about how the system works and I generally do not want to teach them. This is a win win. I don't show them, and they don't ask.

Back