Vita chem vs. Selcon vs. AcroPower

Which vitamin supplement do you like best?

  • Vita-chem

    Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Selcon

    Votes: 40 52.6%
  • AcroPower

    Votes: 12 15.8%

  • Total voters
    76

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,647
Reaction score
67,831
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm trying to decide which vitamin supplement to use in my reef tank. I'm planning to make my own food blend and will be using one of these in the blend. Which one do you think is best?

I placed a poll at the top of this thread, so please vote if you use one of these. Also, feel free to offer personal experiences, comparisons, etc. Thanks for the help!

If there's another one I should consider, let me know that too. I'm shooting for both fish and coral growth/health.
 
Can I tag along? I have been using selcon but I'd like to see what everyone has to say

Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
 
I use just vita chem. I used to use selcon but I heard That it becomes less effective if you don't use it right away.
 
I switch them out every other day. They mainly offer the same, but there seems to be a little difference in the ingredients between each. I guess it's a little bit of redundancy, lol. As a side note in also add a couple drops of Garlic Xtreme (Kent) as well!

These are some of the benefits of the 2:

Vita Chem: Reverses and cures lateral line disease
Brings out intense natural colors of fish
Great for fin regeneration
Increases growth
Restores natural vitality of fish
Restores appetite
Helps increase resistance to disease
Stimulates natural mating and breeding instincts in aquariums

Selcon: omega 3 fatty acids. Contains Vitamin B12 and stabilized Vitamin C to enhance immune system function to prevent and reverse disease.It can also be used directly in reef aquariums to benefit filter-feeding invertebrates.
 
I use just vita chem. I used to use selcon but I heard That it becomes less effective if you don't use it right away.

What do you mean by right away?

Do you mean use is right away when you get it and not keep refrigerated?
 
Selcon is in Rods Food but would like to see what everyone else says...

the list that mpjones posted was helpful..

mpjones, where did you get this info..is is posted on a website or just your observations?
 
Hey just following. So are we talking about food supplements and vitamins for Fish, corals or both? for corals I started using Reef Plus and Microvert. For fish i feed Mysis. i have a mixed Reef. SPS, chalices, Zoas, shrooms. torches and Gonies. Do any of you have a special concoction that covers all of these species?
 
thinking of also adding Zooplankton and Phytoplankton together. Is this a good idea as well?
 
What do you mean by right away?

Do you mean use is right away when you get it and not keep refrigerated?

I talked to Anthony Calfo about this a while back. It was around a couple week's timeframe that it would start to lose its nutritional value.
 
mpjones,

thanks!!!
 
i
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396596510.382028.jpg
I heard this is really good
 
I'm surprised that no one from the AcroPower crowd has weighed in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new