Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c3d3a2607e7d294d2b23219a7d83fadf.jpg
96fe987dccf22176c7f7118b5b8589c5.jpg
4e7f77480eeec6b016fecc6e1fc55c58.jpg

Good day! Hopefully everyone is having a good day so far. I am in need of some guidance. I'm planning my plumbing for my 210 and I am needing some help on picking out the ball valves. I am looking on www.pvcfittingsonline.com, I got that website from a post on here just can't remember who posted it. I am needing 1/2", 3/4", and 1" ball valves. Currently in my cart I have all Viton. Out of the 3 ball valves that I have posted above which one would y'all choose and why?

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also consider Flexpvc.com they have everything PVC and some good prices. https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-Valves-Ball-Valves-TrueUnion

As long as there is no metal in the ball valve the only consideration is flow restriction. Many ball valves will slightly restrict flow which is not that big of an issue in many cases. If flow restriction is an issue go one size up on the ball valve. Both slip and thread for the ends should not be an issue that is more preference. On my aquarium build I am leaning towards using threaded ends on my true union ball valves so I can remove them completely if the system is broken down or a total plumbing replacement is needed.

Jolly Roger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to flex pvc true union as that's what I am using and it's great pricing

I would also consider Flexpvc.com they have everything PVC and some good prices. https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-Valves-Ball-Valves-TrueUnion

As long as there is no metal in the ball valve the only consideration is flow restriction. Many ball valves will slightly restrict flow which is not that big of an issue in many cases. If flow restriction is an issue go one size up on the ball valve. Both slip and thread for the ends should not be an issue that is more preference. On my aquarium build I am leaning towards using threaded ends on my true union ball valves so I can remove them completely if the system is broken down or a total plumbing replacement is needed.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may consider going with gate valves instead of ball valves. Flow control is a lot better and they seem to last longer than ball valves.

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
D

DasPig36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna go with 2 gate valves for my return then a total of 4 (I think) ball valves.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
54 dollars for inch and a half pipe is about par. Plus it's also a union valve.

I've done enough plumbing where I never wanna do it again and u spend a little more for plumbing u will save a ton in the end

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
54 dollars for inch and a half pipe is about par. Plus it's also a union valve.

I've done enough plumbing where I never wanna do it again and u spend a little more for plumbing u will save a ton in the end

I dont disagree in getting good plumbing parts I just noticed that Grainger had a really high price compared to other sources of true union ball valves of the same size. I just ordered 7 x inch and a half true union ball valves for $17.55 each from flexpvc.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey to each their own I also know the valve I got is way smaller in comparison to others out their as well. Also not trying to be smart but what was the shipping?

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey to each their own I also know the valve I got is way smaller in comparison to others out their as well. Also not trying to be smart but what was the shipping?

Shipping was $22 and there was a sale going so 7 true union ball valves and 2 venturi fittings was $153 total with shipping. In my case the physical valve size is not an issue as I am plumbing in an open space. I would pay more though for a compact valve if space is at a premium as 1.5 inch valves are pretty big.

Y2KReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received mine from PVCfittimgs. Have not installed yet but seem very sturdy and smooth operation. $10 for 1" true union!

MattSG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. My flui-pro from pvconline just arrived today. Didn't install them yet either but seem to be good. I will say the prices were fair, shipping reasonable and it got to me in 3 days from time of order . So far so good.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when we get down to the brass tax I spent five dollars more with shipping and I got to physically see mine before I bought it.
But I will agree in that if I was ordering a lot of pvc stuff ur way is better

Shipping was $22 and there was a sale going so 7 true union ball valves and 2 venturi fittings was $153 total with shipping. In my case the physical valve size is not an issue as I am plumbing in an open space. I would pay more though for a compact valve if space is at a premium as 1.5 inch valves are pretty big.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back