OP
OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please get a photo with a fresh, brand new white aragonite frag plug next to it? This one looks really nice and if it looks good next to a white frag plug, then everybody will stop with the photoshopped and greasy photo stuff that has plagued WD and many other acropora. If nobody ever does, then it will continue forever.
I only keep black plugs for the most part but I'll ask my LFS and see what they have. Shouldnt be a problem though. Also its since been mounted on my rock work

fightinghippo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna use this thread to document the growth of my Vivid Corals' Confetti acro
Here are day 1 pics of it
35869842843_6676a9c8d5_c.jpg

36509960692_bb776e20ca_c.jpg

I kind of just bought this to settle the controversy/ see how true to life the colony is. Most that have gotten it say that it has arrived colored down so I'm not going to judge this acro's color yet. Very clearly right now it could use some coloring up. Wish me luck!​

Wow

Ibn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, didn't see this, but just for reference. Two pics below. One shot w/a fresh plug and the other flashed.

Fresh plug. Piece is glued to the rockwork so just tossed a plug on top of another sps near it to get it in the frame.
vivid_confetti_whiteplug_111517.jpg

This next pic is more extreme. I mounted the SB-900 flash on the hotshoe and took this pic. Importing it into PS, WB came in at 5500K. This washes out the colors for the most part and also the fluorescence that you will typically see.
vivid_confetti_flashed_111517.jpg

I typically don't shoot with a white plug in the tank since they usually get covered with some sort of algae sooner or later, or with the flash mounted. The above two shots are for reference only. This picture below is with my normal tank lighting for the majority of the hours. Even though I run LEDs, I run my whites as high as my blues since I can't stand the look of a blue tank, including that Windex hue. White balance is manually set in camera at 10,000K, but PS shows it as 9100K. I manually readjust it to 10,000K in PS.
vivid_confetti_111517.jpg

Ibn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually don't know since the last PAR measurements that I took didn't have this piece in the tank. I do know that PC rainbow to the left of this piece gets 405 PAR and the CRC purple cadillac to the right of it gets 515 PAR. I would guess it's somewhere in between those two figures.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Gonna use this thread to document the growth of my Vivid Corals' Confetti acro
Here are day 1 pics of it
35869842843_6676a9c8d5_c.jpg

36509960692_bb776e20ca_c.jpg

I kind of just bought this to settle the controversy/ see how true to life the colony is. Most that have gotten it say that it has arrived colored down so I'm not going to judge this acro's color yet. Very clearly right now it could use some coloring up. Wish me luck!​

any update on this?

Back