Vodka Dosing

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so much that Ya end up face down in your tank ! LOl
When I hear about people dosing vodka, I think I'd rather dose myself then I don't feel so bad over how lousy my tank looks !
Ok seriously now, I find about 10 miniatures is the max with out causing issues .

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm relatively new at this. How many shots do I need to drink?

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish - do you have a personal nitrate issue? :eek:

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish - do you have a personal nitrate issue? :eek:
I can assemble a vodka gimlet relatively quickly. Vodka is extremely low carb -- so if I keep my carbs low, it will help my aquarium stay stable? Because of my personal health??

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can assemble a vodka gimlet relatively quickly. Vodka is extremely low carb -- so if I keep my carbs low, it will help my aquarium stay stable? Because of my personal health??
Happy reefer = happy tank :) I have a small snort of vodka with my fish every day. I stop when they swim funny

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

It is low carb as long as you stay away from the syrup in the gimlet! I know that there is a chart for vodka dosing your tank, but I haven't seen a chart for your own personal vodka dosing. Although with your strong graphic skills I'm sure that you can come up with something!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are you kidding . Probably the single most funniest hilarious wacky post. I’m going to be laughing in bed and my wife is going to look at me like I’m crazy ( more than normal)

I found there are multiple dosing methods. Vodka is one. Chardonnay also good. Just last night dosed pina coloda for calcium

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you kidding . Probably the single most funniest hilarious wacky post. I’m going to be laughing in bed and my wife is going to look at me like I’m crazy ( more than normal)

I found there are multiple dosing methods. Vodka is one. Chardonnay also good. Just last night dosed pina coloda for calcium

Still laughing....

:p;Smuggrin:);Joyful

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I'm glad to see that you are getting all of your trace elements!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's important is that you have to use the good stuff. I originally started with Traveler's vodka for 12.99 for 1.75 liters, but switched to the good vodka. I know it's good because it says so right on the label....

Garys Good Vodka.jpg

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's important is that you have to use the good stuff. I originally started with Traveler's vodka for 12.99 for 1.75 liters, but switched to the good vodka. I know it's good because it says so right on the label....

Garys Good Vodka.jpg
Good as in "fine quality" or good as in "virtuous". Because to be honest, I'd rather have a fine quality vodka vs one that keeps my morality in check.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back