Vortech & Mobius - what the heck?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Darkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

my Nameis Roland and im from Germany. Im writing here since there seems to be no kinda forums like this, discussing Mobius.

i have 2 MP6, upgraded to Mobius compatibility and setup on the new software (deleted my old ReefLink setup since I thought it was a good idea...).

now I’m getting similar problems like other users reported but in my case the 2 controllers don’t hang up but do completely different things. One pump is setup to domy preferred modes and the other one is setup to child Sync mode (was antisync before but since I had problems I wanted to try sync)

attached you will find a small video where you can seethe 2 controllers. Left controller just shines constantly and the right one seems to be doing a wave mode (I don’t have any wave modes activated, I’m using lagoon, reefcrest and 2h a day the Nutrition mode).

im at vacation at the Moment im and trying to find a solution for the guy that takes care of my reef.... something seems to be wrong - also the speeds are messing up 2 days ago the speed was at 100% which is way too much.

anyone can give an advice on what to do? Reset pumps and go back to ReefLink until Mobius is working ? (I realized when programming the controllers via ReefLink the controllers actually did something that looked like it’s programming, with Mobius I just don’t see anything but the modes changing whenit’s working - also I must check the flows in order to check if the % I wanted is correct). Just reset the pumps and reconnect to Mobius ?

Im kinda lost.

thanks in advances guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0518.MP4
    15.4 MB

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t view the video for some reason but it might be worth posting your schedules from Mobius to help others figure it out....

What colours the wave lighting up the controller? Nutrient transport is a wave mode by the way.

OP
OP
Darkie

Darkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be missing the .mp4 codec..... anyways, the problem is that I cant send my setup since im on vacation atm but as far as I remember its:
8-12AM - Reef Crest
12-2PM Nutrition
2-4PM the other purple Mode
4-8 Reef Crest
8PM-8AM Lagoon Mode

The Video was taken at 11:45PM, so should be in Lagoon mode (Yellow Light).... The child is setup to sync to I would assume, no matter what Mode is working, the child MUST be doing exact the same as the master.

ie: If Master is doing the wave mode - the child should do the same and so on :(

Do you get what im trying to say? The child isnt behaving correct or, even worse, the Master isnt working - or both?

Regards,
Roland

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can do whatever you want. that just doesn't work with the Mobius update.I made two Mp40 compatible with firmware update mobius and I can't make the anti-sync mode run stable. each time when the mode is changed, it throws off the wet side and stop the pump. I think older pumps that were built before 2019 get a firmware update but are not really mobius compatible.

OP
OP
Darkie

Darkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats bad news... My pumps were from 2019 and got the Firmware Update (same as yours I guess) in order to make the pumps visible / compatible in Mobius.... Your issue seems to differ a bit from mine. I just rechecked via webcam one controller is in purple mode stable (now it should be yellow!) and the other one is still doing the wave led thing for whatever reason I have no idea but both scenarios are deadly, No movement vs 100% movement or I dont know, they might be even doing wave modes at 100% and water might drip out I have no idea.

Really sad no one from company side is responding to anything - nor giving out warnings to wait for a new update (if that will even solve the problem)...

Do you know if I can go back to Reeflink with the FW Updated pumps?

Roland

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be missing the .mp4 codec..... anyways, the problem is that I cant send my setup since im on vacation atm but as far as I remember its:
8-12AM - Reef Crest
12-2PM Nutrition
2-4PM the other purple Mode
4-8 Reef Crest
8PM-8AM Lagoon Mode

The Video was taken at 11:45PM, so should be in Lagoon mode (Yellow Light).... The child is setup to sync to I would assume, no matter what Mode is working, the child MUST be doing exact the same as the master.

ie: If Master is doing the wave mode - the child should do the same and so on :(

Do you get what im trying to say? The child isnt behaving correct or, even worse, the Master isnt working - or both?

Regards,
Roland
Possibly - Although i tried via mobile and web, safari and chrome.

I think i know what you are saying, your pumps are synced but one is not following along as it should.

I still think we need a screenshot of your schedule via the Mobius app to see whats up when you can, it sounds like either a set up issue and what you thought had programmed hadn't or its just dropped connection to the master pump completely, which i doubt as im sure they dont require a long term connection, just at the time of the schedule being sent.

you can do whatever you want. that just doesn't work with the Mobius update.I made two Mp40 compatible with firmware update mobius and I can't make the anti-sync mode run stable. each time when the mode is changed, it throws off the wet side and stop the pump. I think older pumps that were built before 2019 get a firmware update but are not really mobius compatible.
Rando, have a google around - Your issue of the pump throwing the wetside off is something that also happened with ESL, i doubt its specific to Mobius.

Lots out there and many say a cleaning of the back plate on the wetside and the glass it sits on helps with the magnetic connection. Usually a problem for those with glass thickness on the limit of the 40's recommendation. Some say it only happens on specific wetsides too.....I dont think your issue is with Mobius.

Alex1Young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

my Nameis Roland and im from Germany. Im writing here since there seems to be no kinda forums like this, discussing Mobius.

i have 2 MP6, upgraded to Mobius compatibility and setup on the new software (deleted my old ReefLink setup since I thought it was a good idea...).

now I’m getting similar problems like other users reported but in my case the 2 controllers don’t hang up but do completely different things. One pump is setup to domy preferred modes and the other one is setup to child Sync mode (was antisync before but since I had problems I wanted to try sync)

attached you will find a small video where you can seethe 2 controllers. Left controller just shines constantly and the right one seems to be doing a wave mode (I don’t have any wave modes activated, I’m using lagoon, reefcrest and 2h a day the Nutrition mode).

im at vacation at the Moment im and trying to find a solution for the guy that takes care of my reef.... something seems to be wrong - also the speeds are messing up 2 days ago the speed was at 100% which is way too much.

anyone can give an advice on what to do? Reset pumps and go back to ReefLink until Mobius is working ? (I realized when programming the controllers via ReefLink the controllers actually did something that looked like it’s programming, with Mobius I just don’t see anything but the modes changing whenit’s working - also I must check the flows in order to check if the % I wanted is correct). Just reset the pumps and reconnect to Mobius ?

Im kinda lost.

thanks in advances guys!

Roland,

I'm not able to view the video you've posted. That said, I would recommend reporting the issue you're having via the Mobius app. While in Mobius, shaking your phone will give you the option to report an issue or provide feedback.

OP
OP
Darkie

Darkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried it myself watching the video through a Browser - it didnt work either (I just clicked the 3 dots and downloaded the video and opened it in my potplayer, at least that way it worked)

What I did now (Told my friend) : Reconfigure Master and Reconfigured slave / child...... The guy showed me in a facetime video that the master was Yellow (using ReefCrest) and the Child was just orange (= Childmode).

I will report here later when the mode changes into the lagoon mode - if it will fail again.

Nevertheless im still also not sure how anti-sync really works. The sync mode is clear to me, child does exact the same as master does. So setting up child at 100% will result in being used 100% if the master would be at 100%.

I have seen people writing Anti-Sync Mode = Master at 10% --> Child at 90% (if setup to 100% resulting in lowering the child to whatever their needs fits) .... for my logic it would make sense if the master is set to 50% and is a a random mode using 10% that the child will do 40% and not 90%....

If anyone can confirm id be more than glad :)

Regards,
Roland

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rando, have a google around - Your issue of the pump throwing the wetside off is something that also happened with ESL, i doubt its specific to Mobius.

Lots out there and many say a cleaning of the back plate on the wetside and the glass it sits on helps with the magnetic connection. Usually a problem for those with glass thickness on the limit of the 40's recommendation. Some say it only happens on specific wetsides too.....I dont think your issue is with Mobius.

well, the wet side in this case is new and never happened before. I have already discussed this extensively with chris fernandes from ecotech.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if I can go back to Reeflink with the FW Updated pumps?

Roland

Yes as far as I know you can do it. You might need to first downgrade the firmware using Mobius.

OP
OP
Darkie

Darkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes as far as I know you can do it. You might need to first downgrade the firmware using Mobius.
Okay im gonna try

After changing the programs the master is blasting at 100% and the child is doing nothing it’s just not working and pi**ing me off ....

OP
OP
Darkie

Darkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot! So I if I need the downgrade i will do it - and I’ll post here if it’s needed. My pumps were build in 2019!

thanks!!

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay im gonna try

After changing the programs the master is blasting at 100% and the child is doing nothing it’s just not working and pi**ing me off ....
Are you using Reeflink now?
Did you try just using a simple manual control like setting one pump at 50% and the other at 40% and seeing if you do have proper communication happening.

OP
OP
Darkie

Darkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using Reeflink now?
Did you try just using a simple manual control like setting one pump at 50% and the other at 40% and seeing if you do have proper communication happening.
Not yet - will try tomorrow I guess....

im confused - you mean using child / master mode and let them run permanent and try to see if the pumps behaving like they should?

when I just checked my mode was on lagoon 20% (master) and 80% (Child) when I checked the masters LEDs 4 or 12 we’re shining.... if I say 12 = 100% then 1 light = 8,3% x 4 = 32% .... why would it run on 32% if it’s setup to 20%?
then I checked the flow of the pumps on Mobius - they were both at 4200G/H which is obvious also more then the 20% ..... But pumps were setup on anti sync so no matter what the flows should be different and not the same .....

Attached my setttings I’ll wait for some answers or ideas before I switch back to ReefLink - maybe I’m too stupid but I doubt it’s my fault...

roland

2FC84C71-5F18-4A87-AA47-B285DF505B9A.jpeg 2E510793-6506-4376-B377-FCCC18541BBA.jpeg F9CFD83F-F279-4860-B4F9-75E7A6F8D67C.jpeg 6A01D150-B4E6-4549-80AA-1DDA185C8596.jpeg F4A962DD-AEF8-45D3-AB6B-2A4B5545C96A.jpeg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never messed with Mobius but they did say that if you rolled back the firmware there would be issues. When you try Reeflink just try some simple stuff first like manually controlling each pump and LED spectrum. It's just to see that you have them linked properly and that they are setup in master slave mode with the Vortechs. My theory is that right now you are not properly connected and it's just running the settings that it had last been given.

OP
OP
Darkie

Darkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never messed with Mobius but they did say that if you rolled back the firmware there would be issues. When you try Reeflink just try some simple stuff first like manually controlling each pump and LED spectrum. It's just to see that you have them linked properly and that they are setup in master slave mode with the Vortechs. My theory is that right now you are not properly connected and it's just running the settings that it had last been given.

i tried that with Mobius a switching around modes (to see the colors on the controller) and that was working flawlessly no matter if I choosed a permanent mode or Nutrition transport.

if there is no other like resetting and so on that I can do I will get backhere after Im back in ReefLink

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet - will try tomorrow I guess....

im confused - you mean using child / master mode and let them run permanent and try to see if the pumps behaving like they should?

when I just checked my mode was on lagoon 20% (master) and 80% (Child) when I checked the masters LEDs 4 or 12 we’re shining.... if I say 12 = 100% then 1 light = 8,3% x 4 = 32% .... why would it run on 32% if it’s setup to 20%?
then I checked the flow of the pumps on Mobius - they were both at 4200G/H which is obvious also more then the 20% ..... But pumps were setup on anti sync so no matter what the flows should be different and not the same .....

Attached my setttings I’ll wait for some answers or ideas before I switch back to ReefLink - maybe I’m too stupid but I doubt it’s my fault...

roland

2FC84C71-5F18-4A87-AA47-B285DF505B9A.jpeg 2E510793-6506-4376-B377-FCCC18541BBA.jpeg F9CFD83F-F279-4860-B4F9-75E7A6F8D67C.jpeg 6A01D150-B4E6-4549-80AA-1DDA185C8596.jpeg F4A962DD-AEF8-45D3-AB6B-2A4B5545C96A.jpeg
I havent played with sync or anti sync on Mobius yet but both screenshots of both pumps look like they are on seperate schedules?

The yellow rings are split differently, i would have thought they would be exactly the same schedule for both?

To be honest i thought id see your master pump with a schedule and your child pump with a completely orange ring indicating it was in anti-sync of that schedule..... Ill have to have a play with mine later today

OP
OP
Darkie

Darkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent played with sync or anti sync on Mobius yet but both screenshots of both pumps look like they are on seperate schedules?

The yellow rings are split differently, i would have thought they would be exactly the same schedule for both?

To be honest i thought id see your master pump with a schedule and your child pump with a completely orange ring indicating it was in anti-sync of that schedule..... Ill have to have a play with mine later today
Yeah that what I thought as well.... on the overview it shows the child in the full orange circle and indeed I reset the pump reconnect and so on but the child dows not divide the 2 different yellow modes just as you figured. I have no clue what’s wrong and why the child mode seems to be bugged- I might be put the 2nd pump on same schedule as the master (so I’m more or less syncing them - if they have the same time setup which I suppose)

it’s really sad they open software and firmware without testing - that’s all I can say about that now - ill see how 2 setups, even if they look alike - work. If I see the leds are at exact same point then okay ima wait for a new update, or a reply or whatever.....

stevethao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you figured out what the problem was. But I run anti-sync on mine and both my pumps will show the little orange chain link thing. Maybe your “child” is not actually connected/synced to the parent? As I said, both my pumps show the orange chain link and seems to work fine.

Sorry I couldn’t get a pic of mine cuz I’m at work and EcoTech decided to use bluetooth instead of Wi-Fi haha. But I used your pic and circled what I was talking about.

825E2B90-2172-4288-8EDE-6A1E7D9D4546.jpeg

Back