Vortech mp10 bearings

jcromp1393

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mp10 I got off of eBay is super loud and I believe it's because of the bearings. I want to try to replace them but I can't find where to buy them. Does anyone know?

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet side or dry side? I think Ecotech sells either side that you can replace it with but I think that can be pricey, but I am not sure if they sell the individual parts. You can also check the for sale threads here as both wet and dry sides pop up often :)

OP
OP
J

jcromp1393

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet side or dry side? I think Ecotech sells either side that you can replace it with but I think that can be pricey, but I am not sure if they sell the individual parts. You can also check the for sale threads here as both wet and dry sides pop up often :)
Looking for the dry side. I saw the replacement but they are a little expensive

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Check that video, looks like someone had a similar issue and saved some serious cash doing it themselves :)

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on when it was made but it could use one of 2 different sizes. When I replaced mine it used a 6x15x5 or 7x14x5

Mine used the 6x15. Male sure you get the nicer stainless steel enclosed ones. The cheaper ones still make quite a bit of noise.

I documented the repair on my build thread, I can't remember what pages they are on though. But it's there lol

scfurse77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on when it was made but it could use one of 2 different sizes. When I replaced mine it used a 6x15x5 or 7x14x5

Mine used the 6x15. Male sure you get the nicer stainless steel enclosed ones. The cheaper ones still make quite a bit of noise.

I documented the repair on my build thread, I can't remember what pages they are on though. But it's there lol

Does it say on the bearing what size it is?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back