Vortech MP40 connection issues. Constantly goes missing!

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have cleared the MP40s memeory a few times which has not helped.

Issues: will (daily) show up as missing. Sometimes it will show as missing even if the powerhead is still running. It also shows up missing after an apex restart.

Turning ON/AUTO/OFF will usually not work. I often have to physically disconnect the MP40 for it to start back up. And even then it can show as missing. Also, it will often turn to a green light (its set to long pulse so it should be pink) At this moment it is showing as AUTO, PLSE 18%, which should be correct but, the MP40 has a green light and is not actually in pulse mode.

I've only had the Apex for a week and I'm constantly running into problems... sigh... Any help is appreciated.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you're having problems. I had endless issues with various aspects when I first started, but believe it or not, it eventually all works. :)
Much of it honestly boils down to documentation that could be better. For those of us that like to solve issues ourselves.
Plenty of people just go to tech support right away, I'm sure, and the Neptune support people are excellent.

For the Vortechs, first thing I'd do is go to the WXM Module page in Fusion.
Pull down the Action Update Software, and then do a firmware update, even if the module doesn't need it.
Then after that's done, go back to the Module page, pull down the Action Configure, and hit the WXM RF Update button at the bottom.
I'd then restart my Apex although that may not be mandatory.
If your Vortechs are still attached after restart, see if they are controlled properly now.
If not, clear their memories and try attaching them again.
Another thing you can try if still having problems is go back to the WXM Modules page, and under Action Configure, change the WXM Frequency from 1 to 2.

When it's working properly, on the Action Configure page, Status should look something like this:

Rev 1.15, RF Rev 1.2 (1,3,7,7),(0,0,0),(250,0,0)
FPMP40Left - Rev 255.255 OK-1
FPMP40Right - Rev 255.255 OK-2
FPMP10Left - Rev 255.255 OK-3

If you're still having problems after those steps, it's probably time to submit a ticket with Neptune tech support.

I also see you've posted about this over at the Neptune forum, but I'll only answer here. Hopefully you won't get a different answer there! :)

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried everything you mentioned. And a few more things that Neptune suggested. Unfortunately it was a no-go. Before that, I had checked Fusion while at work and it had turned both of my MP40s to 100% CONSTANT!! :/

I have a call with Neptune (hopefully within the next couple of days.) to figure out what is going on.

I also notice both my EB8 and WXM have a solid yellow light. According to the EB8 manual: "The EnergyBar 8 is in boot loader mode and has been configured by the AquaController Apex" ...that's all there is. No mention of what boot loader actually means. I assume I should have a solid green.

As for the WXM solid yellow light: That's not mention in its manual AT ALL.

lol would be nice if this stuff was specified in the documentation...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back