Vortechs on Back Glass

acroholicanonymous

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
269
Reaction score
187
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to see who runs their vortechs on their back glass or what recommendations people have for mode to run with tank that has sand.

Tank is going to be mixed. Right now just have zoas and one chalice.

I have two mp40s on pulse mode, but it doesn’t exactly give a good rocking back and forth look. Zoas are just being blasted to the side even though it’s only on 20%. Tank is 114 gallons.
 
I have 4 running on my back glass on a 5 ft tank. Reef crest during the day on 3 pumps and 1 of them on constant all at 70%. Then all Lagoon at night too.
 
If you have no sand, it’ll make flow much easier than running them long ways, but if you have sand you can’t run them too high. I have a 2ft wide tank, and on the back glass I can only run them at about 30% max before sand goes flying.
 
Looking to see who runs their vortechs on their back glass or what recommendations people have for mode to run with tank that has sand.

Tank is going to be mixed. Right now just have zoas and one chalice.

I have two mp40s on pulse mode, but it doesn’t exactly give a good rocking back and forth look. Zoas are just being blasted to the side even though it’s only on 20%. Tank is 114 gallons.

Did you go through the steps to program a wave in your tank ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new