Wanda's build for nano in 90

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok decided I was going to do this.. however my dear husband put a new challenge to me. i have to do EVERYTHING for under 500.. which yea included a new tank too.. so i decided to see how cheap I could do it..

first purchase today a Aqueon 15 gal colum tank.. price 98.76

next purchase will be the sand and rock..

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the Dry Goods for sale thread! Sure to find some good deals.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanda, Glad to have you in the contest and we look forward to following your progress!

-M&T

OP
OP
T

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

this is the tank with water and sand

the sand is 2 types one is 5lb of aqua terra green @ 25 dollars ordered from amazon, and then my wonderful LFS gave me some live sand out of a tank they were changing the sand in which is your typical beige tan color..

the live rock is tonga which has been cut down to my specifications for my build.. it was 65 dollars..

so far the cost is at 188.00

OP
OP
T

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new light and heater light was 70 n heater 10 bringing total to 268

tank with water sand and the rock just sitting waiting on me to set in the scape i want

OP
OP
T

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hope it is ok, I am in Orlando with my daughter so my adopted son took the pics for me and sent them to me and I u/led them

OP
OP
T

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well after a 2 week vacation I have returned and got the tank set up with coral and some clean up crew. getting the rock to set how I wanted it to turned out to be quite a fight between me and the rock.. I had it all set up outside of tank and I thought it was well glued until I picked it up to move it to the tank and it fell apart. this was after over 5 hours of gluing and setting.. so I put it all in the tank to sit until tonight where I have spent over 4 hours tonight putting it together in the tank tonight.. finally it is done pics are to follow

OP
OP
T

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
above is pics of the corals in the bags and the receipt from my local LFS.. Below Sea Level in Jackson TN.. note that 2 of the emerald crabs did not go in this tank but were for other tanks.. so total spent was 344.00 if you subtract the rock I am at 311 not sure if the cuc counts toward the total or not ,, also we wont tell my husband I am over budget for keeping it all under 500.. just not possible sigh lol.. soo shhhhhh

OP
OP
T

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most of the corals are zoas and mushrooms. a chalice, candy cane and one encrusting type I cant remember as well as another I am not sure what it is but here are the pics

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • D/C

Votes: 47 61.8%
  • Both

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 12 15.8%
Back