Want to add more fish

MPERL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
220 gallon mixed reef 12 years old. Lots of soft corals. We currently have 1 blenny. 1 mandarin dragon, 1 gabby, 2 yellow tangs, 1 Kole tang, 1 pigmy angel, 1tomini tang. Currently no top, but adding egg crate top. Wanting to add a group of clowns, anthias or wrasse. Had and liked 4 small clowns that only lived 2 years, and a pair of anthias that lived 4 years. No loss of fish the las 2 years. Thoughts? Also, when I add the egg creat, how much should I increase the light, 10%, or more? Thanks.
tank 2022.jpg
I increase my light to, 10%, or more?

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why egg crate? You can build a wholly functional screen lid with a DIY screen door kit for about twenty bucks (and less than that if you're truly thrifty). 220g is a bit larger than many tanks, and you'll need to brace the middle of the screen, but this would allow much more light than egg crate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MPERL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see from the photo, any top would be in 3 pieces. I already have the egg crate top made, so going with that for now. I made the mistake of trying a diy one piece top with poor success a few years ago. One piece was not very managable.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 141 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.2%
Back