Want to Save $$$ on shipping goods?

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers!

Many of us reefers utilize the Marketplace here on the forum, myself included. One of the biggest things we always keep in mind are shipping costs when buying or selling something. Especially since as of late, shipping costs continue to rise. I find myself recommending to anyone I'm looking to purchase from to check out this website. So I wanted to share this website with everyone. Between my wife and I, we used this site hundreds of times, and never once had any sort of issues. The best part is its completely free to use, not to mention easy to use. You just need to create an account.

This website consistently has the best shipping prices that I have found anywhere and often times saves me 40-60% on shipping versus taking a package into UPS or USPS directly. As an example, just this week I was talking with a fellow member about purchasing a T5 fixture. The seller had told me to expect shipping to be $100-$125 as he had shipped out a similar fixture not too long ago and that is what he paid for shipping. I asked for some general weight and dimensions of the package and entered them into pirateship. The shipping quote I ended up getting was $32. Don't believe me?

2A5B59A2-D380-45EB-8046-0E5218EF1AF9.png

Don't worry, the seller was in shock as well. In the end, both the seller and I were able to save money. The seller didn't have to take such a hit on shipping in order to keep his selling price reasonable, and I saved a nice chunk of change in the overall transaction. In the case you wanted to added extra insurance, you can customize your shipping options to fit your needs as well. Extra insurance on some items I sold recently only costed me an extra $2.

If you have any questions about the safety of this site, after asking Revhtree to make sure it was alright to post about this website, he shared with me this!

I have used this company as well many times and will again this year for all the Partner Drive packs!

***DISCLAIMER*** I am not at all affiliated with pirateship. com. I simply wished to share this website with my fellow reefers to help save some $$$.

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello fellow reefers!

Many of us reefers utilize the Marketplace here on the forum, myself included. One of the biggest things we always keep in mind are shipping costs when buying or selling something. Especially since as of late, shipping costs continue to rise. I find myself recommending to anyone I'm looking to purchase from to check out this website. So I wanted to share this website with everyone. Between my wife and I, we used this site hundreds of times, and never once had any sort of issues. The best part is its completely free to use, not to mention easy to use. You just need to create an account.

This website consistently has the best shipping prices that I have found anywhere and often times saves me 40-60% on shipping versus taking a package into UPS or USPS directly. As an example, just this week I was talking with a fellow member about purchasing a T5 fixture. The seller had told me to expect shipping to be $100-$125 as he had shipped out a similar fixture not too long ago and that is what he paid for shipping. I asked for some general weight and dimensions of the package and entered them into pirateship. The shipping quote I ended up getting was $32. Don't believe me?

2A5B59A2-D380-45EB-8046-0E5218EF1AF9.png

Don't worry, the seller was in shock as well. In the end, both the seller and I were able to save money. The seller didn't have to take such a hit on shipping in order to keep his selling price reasonable, and I saved a nice chunk of change in the overall transaction. In the case you wanted to added extra insurance, you can customize your shipping options to fit your needs as well. Extra insurance on some items I sold recently only costed me an extra $2.

If you have any questions about the safety of this site, after asking Revhtree to make sure it was alright to post about this website, he shared with me this!

***DISCLAIMER*** I am not at all affiliated with pirateship. com. I simply wished to share this website with my fellow reefers to help save some $$$.
Hello thanks for sharing this. How does the insurance work for alive corral?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another friendly reminder that Pirate ship is a great resource! Also, they recently lowered their rates even further!
Yaaaarg matey! My favorite!

I did note in another thread that if using pirateship for overnight, ship with USPS as they do not guarantee UPS overnight.

season 4 episode 10 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back