Wanted- All & Any, Advice for removing Blue clove with fenbendazole!

GooniesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75gallon, 5-6yo, mixed reef plagued by blue clove!!! 2/3 of the tank is affected! Including aragonite sand. Deeper sandbed with plenum.
I have fenbendazole 222mg capsules. I have removed all my most important & unaffected corals and taken frags of others that cannot be removed easily. I have removed inverts & my sump rocks are cycling in a brute can.
I have read the recent threads on this& @Glenner’sreef write up & photo documents (thank you for this!!!) he used 8g on 180 gallon but I’ve also seen 1g/10gallon. Thoughts ?!
Dose in 2 doses?
Should I leave protein skimmer overflowing? Add air? 5 days treatment? Redose if it’s not gone? Immediately? After a 20% water change?

FiddlersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_ReefToReef.png

Welcome to R2R!

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Let the skimmer overflow back into the sump. It will equalize over time. Remove as much of the cloves manually as you can. Then overtime, continue removing the remaining cloves.

Good luck!

E71F04E4-2416-41A9-B217-D98B82F01355.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
For blue cloves, typical is gel superglue on heads but when you get an abundance, it’s time consuming
Bumble bee snails maybe .
Best bet is to scrub them off with a parts cleaning brush similar to a toothbrush in a separate container with tank water

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75gallon, 5-6yo, mixed reef plagued by blue clove!!! 2/3 of the tank is affected! Including aragonite sand. Deeper sandbed with plenum.
I have fenbendazole 222mg capsules. I have removed all my most important & unaffected corals and taken frags of others that cannot be removed easily. I have removed inverts & my sump rocks are cycling in a brute can.
I have read the recent threads on this& @Glenner’sreef write up & photo documents (thank you for this!!!) he used 8g on 180 gallon but I’ve also seen 1g/10gallon. Thoughts ?!
Dose in 2 doses?
Should I leave protein skimmer overflowing? Add air? 5 days treatment? Redose if it’s not gone? Immediately? After a 20% water change?

Welcome! Glad you joined. Vetteguy in post #10 really knows his stuff, so you are lucky to get his advice. I'd defer to others, but I'd follow his advice even if someone pipes up with additional info (its a forum - ask a question, get 2 responses and likely 2 may be different lol). Also, this is Forum for Meet and Greet, so going forward there is likely Forum area where people with appropriate background watch and answer. Here you'll find lots of 'Hello" and "welcome" people (like me)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back