Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some clove polyps hitchhiked into my tank somehow. They are isolated to a small are about the size of a half dollar on a movable top rock. I have contulinously removed them by removing the rock and brushing them off with a toothbrush destroying the polyps under running water. I don’t do this in my tank. How the heck do I kill these dudes so they don’t come back and spread?

175E52FF-564F-4FB7-88BF-486F386254D4.jpeg

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they small can you just like super glue them over? Rub some sand while it’s wet to hide the glue.
Basically burying them under glue and sand.
Or chip off the rock bits it’s attached to?

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they small can you just like super glue them over? Rub some sand while it’s wet to hide the glue.
Basically burying them under glue and sand.
Or chip off the rock bits it’s attached to?
Will glue kill them? I can glue over these rocks and it’ll straight up break off the rock after it sits a week or two without damaging the rock in any way.

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will glue kill them? I can glue over these rocks and it’ll straight up break off the rock after it sits a week or two without damaging the rock in any way.
I know people do for aptasia so not sure if it would work on clove corals. I was thinking could work here if it’s just those small spots. If it was like a full blown mat then I wouldn’t recommend glue

I’ve also seen Fendendazole used to kill blue clove polyps if you want to do a drug method

reefslugs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently used Fenbendazole to remove the tiny clove polyps from my tank. It absolutely worked. After treatment I continued running a skimmer. I turned back on the UV sterilizer and added a large amount of carbon in a reactor. It has been four weeks cents the treatment. Now my issues is that the tank has red slim algae. I am afraid to try treat for red slim algae being that it might be too hard on the tank at this time. My second issue is my Zoas look stressed and I tried putting a few snails back in the tank, but in two days they were dead. What is the proper way to remove Fenbendazole?

Before and after

Attachments

• IMG_5478.jpg
    IMG_5478.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5512.jpg
    IMG_5512.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5482.jpg
    IMG_5482.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5511.jpg
    IMG_5511.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 27

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back