Wanted: Pink Cotton candy algae and others

CD_Scapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for Cotton candy algae and or dictyota algae for a tank build, yes I know its invasive but I need some to replicate the look im going for.
Here is the look that I'm

HealthyAustralianOysterReefSimonBranigan.jpg

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the wild they look nice as they will have natural predators to keep it trimmed, in home aquaria there won’t be any ways to control it it will just smoother the whole tank, have you looked at different options to try and recreate the same aquascape?

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pretty bad cotton cand algae outbreak. It took a while to get it under control again, was not the end of the world, did not hurt anything just looked bad I would take it over other invasive pests for sure.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the stuff you're asking about? I pull a cup out every moth when cleaning my refugium....
9AC02DD9-A269-46A9-9BA7-80398FD55806.jpeg
Oh man yeah thats the stuff. Looks cool in the fuge but it makes its way up into the display. Fought it for a while in the sand and spots on the rock. Not the hardest to deal withbut it became a past and took time to eradicate.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back