Warning: If you're using Wyze cameras to view your tank please read.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id be kinda flattered if some hacker broke into my webcam to watch footage of my tank :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

43D541CF-9B4F-4D33-9534-57B445FCDEE8.gif
#memoo

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If y'all wanna worry about privacy.... you should direct your attention to the powerful computer you carry around in your hand and is within 3ft of you 24/7/365.

Your cellphone is tracking everything about you;
your habits,
your likes and dislikes,
who you interact with,
your texts,
your photos,
your videos,
where you've been,
where you're going,
your schedule.....
E v e r y t h i n g

....and you worry about a stupid lil $25 camera?
Confused Threes Company GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and you worry about a stupid lil $25 camera?
Part of the problem is the fact that it's just a cheap $25 camera. A cheap camera, like a lot of IOT devices is likely not going to be nearly as well secured as it should be.
Also, just because there's a dozen other devices that might be spying on me, that's no justification for allowing another one. Would you leave your front door open when you go to work because just because the window on the back of the house doesn't lock properly?

Plus, regarding your cell phone, Android, your phone manufacturer and your carrier (or Apple, if that's the case) regularly release security patches. With the Wyze camera, they've known about this security issue for years and actively chose to ignore it instead of patching it, or at least making people aware of it.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
foil hat tinfoil kevin GIF by The Tick

Live your life bruh... you'd be amazing at how lil ppl really care about your life. Your money? heck yeah, 100%. You personally? Nada

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You guys need to quit watching Arnold Schwarzenegger and James Bond movies.

No one is out to case you or your house unless you're a person of fame and fortune.

If your neighbors are casing you to rob you while you're gone.... dang bruh TIME TO MOVE !

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

Pleeeeeeeeeease...
You definitely think of yourself as more important than others view you if you're that paranoid
Though the individual risk for this is small - I'm not sure its paranoid to discuss it. As others have posted - there have been numerous instances of people hacking into various cameras - in children's rooms, etc and talking to them at night, etc. So - if I had a camera - the chance that someone would hack into my particular Childs room is extremely small - but I would not want it to happen. Lets face it - most people probably know little or nothing about camera/doorbell/garage door openers, etc. I wonder if the most commonly used internet password is still 'password':)

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back