Wyze camera to view your tank when not at home > > > > $17 Shipped !!!

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 Blink cameras attached to flexible arms that have a hand tightened clamp mount on them. I just open the doors to the tank cabinets and attach the mounts there. It allows me to remove them when ever I'm home. Works pretty good.

1694200874641.png
I am looking to get one like that and mount a Logitech Brio camera to it. Much better camera than the cheap security cameras.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is in my home office. My desk is only like 3 feet in front of the tank and I have the camera on the top of one of my monitors pointing at the tank. I actually want to get a better camera, its a tad grainy. You can also replace the stock firmware that only works in the Wyze app with a special firmware by Wyze that will turn the camera into Web camera for a PC so it shows up as a USB camera in your computer and you can turn it into a true web cam. There are users on R2R that sell Wyze cam mounts for aquariums. Have not tried one yet.

I mostly just use it to see whats going on in the tank. I really like that in the pic my elusive Engineer Gooby is popping up to say hello. She stays hidden most of the time. I also only see my Purple and Powder Blue tangs. Can't see the big butt Naso of my Lavender tang. Must be in the caves.
That's the plan. I want it to be a webcam I can access whenever just so I can see and not have to fully believe everything else. LOL If I see my fish and corals looking fine, I can feel a lot better. Not a bad camera for under 20 bucks though man.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back