Warpaint scoly turning into a master?

Baldyreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2025
Messages
982
Reaction score
939
Location
Rancho Cucamonga
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a warpaint scoly that I have had for a while, got as a quarter sized baby and it has been growing since. Lately I’ve noticed green streaks coming through fully and partly and more on the way, most recently I am noticing a darkening ring just like a master scoly, is this possible and has it ever happened?
 
IMG_6887.jpeg
 
Upvote 0
Very pretty!

Ring would make it more a UFO than a master but many master have a ring. Not really seeing green on my screen. Looks more like light blue and dark blue to me. I think for a master it would need to have some bright neon green along with the red and blues. Maybe can get a clearer picture? Might need an orange filter under blues to really get the colors to show in the photo.
 
Upvote 0
Very pretty!

Ring would make it more a UFO than a master but many master have a ring. Not really seeing green on my screen. Looks more like light blue and dark blue to me. I think for a master it would need to have some bright neon green along with the red and blues. Maybe can get a clearer picture? Might need an orange filter under blues to really get the colors to show in the photo.
Yeah it’s not the best photo and I don’t have an orange lense
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new