Warranties on a new tank

BlacknBlue2

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
94
Reaction score
21
Location
Ellsworth,Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am researching prices for a 300+ gal tank and I was told by 1 company that in order for me to get a warranty on the tank they build for me I had to 1. buy an aluminum stand from them to get a 10 yr warranty. Or 2. get a contractor to build one for me and I get a 5 yr warranty. And if I build my stand I get no warranty. I am wanting to know if this is a standard practice in the manufacturing of custom tanks or am I being taken for an expensive ride.

I am a single father with 3 little girls and I can't afford to buy a stand that they jack way the hell up in prices just to fleece more money out of me, just so I can have a warranty.

The tank I am looking to get is 72Wx36Dx30H with Starphire on 3 sides and a Black back panel. It has a 16in External Scupper box and 2 return line holes drilled in the back panel. It will be Eurobraced and have no center brace. I just don't think its fair that just because I am not getting a stand from them that I get no warranty.
 
The answer is that it varies from one company to the next. Some have a one-year warranty, others will offer a longer warranty if you use their stand, which is marked up and feels like you stated. Having a warranty with your aquarium is best. I've had a couple of tank leaks, and when you are dealing with that mess, the last thing you want to hear about is that you didn't have any coverage by the tank builder.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new