Washer rodi connection

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone out there connect rodi line to washer via some sort of splitter? I’ve seen it before, but was wondering what kind of piece I would need to be able to run both. Will be running my water line to RODI into garage through the wall.

Thanks I’m advance!

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sell angle stops at Home Depot that will work. I use one for the ice maker in my freezer.
Home Depot sells the splitter from washer to RODI ,and they have the quick disconnect also for the line from RODI

Any idea of what it looks like? Can any of you send me a picture?

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me see if I could find one real quick. They have several different kinds. They have in-line type, and “T” style as well

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8257E24E-722D-441B-B21C-D227D6DF2FD6.png
This is more of the style I would go with, it is also a lot more reliable than plastic. It will screw right onto your Spicket valve that you hook your washer hose to.

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8257E24E-722D-441B-B21C-D227D6DF2FD6.png
This is more of the style I would go with, it is also a lot more reliable than plastic. It will screw right onto your Spicket valve that you hook your washer hose to.

Think this is found at Home Depot or Lowe’s?

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I have one for mine under my kitchen sink. I got it at Lowe’s

I can’t belive I’ve been unscrewing and screwing back into my sink this whole time smh! Thanks guys, would this part be in plumbing or?

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t belive I’ve been unscrewing and screwing back into my sink this whole time smh! Thanks guys, would this part be in plumbing or?

yes, in plumbing or by the RO units in next to the kitchen sink display

8QeYYu0.jpg

i opted for the one without the valve because the shutoff is just below the fitting.... the RO unit is under my sink....

the waste line from the RO unit goes up into my attic across the house and down the wall and tops off my daughters 55 gallon planted freshwater loach tank... that tank has an overflow that i ran outside to water the plants on the side of the house through drip lines....

my RO is set to turn on for 2 minutes every 3 hours with a timer and i have an electric float valve to close a solenoid if the level gets too high

i also have a valve i can turn to direct the RO/DI from the main tank up into the attic and down to the garage for my mixing station

rainmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at lowes or Home Depot in the outdoor hose pipe area there's splitters there if your needing to connect washer also then use adapter from hose connection to Rodi line

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I use. Picked it up at home depot. One connection goes to my washing machine and the other goes to my rodi. The waste line goes to my washing machine waste water. I just turn the rodi valve on whenever I need to fill my storage containers and then turn it back off when I'm finished.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gilmour-Dual-Flex-Connect-Shut-Off-Hose-Adaptor-50315HD/205886166

My rodi filter came with a water hose adapter.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/mur-...mxqqQbjeKwblK_g8U8GvxpilHCt386-RoCKbsQAvD_BwE

gilmour-hose-connectors-repair-50315hd-64_1000.jpg

200010-reverse-osmosis-ro-garden-hose-laundry-tub-adapter-qc-b.jpg

20171203_003401.jpg

Last edited:

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone out there connect rodi line to washer via some sort of splitter? I’ve seen it before, but was wondering what kind of piece I would need to be able to run both. Will be running my water line to RODI into garage through the wall.

Thanks I’m advance!

Yes, I use this washing machine Y hose that puts the hot and cold into one output. Had it since 2015. It has a longer reach than the hose splitter type.

I use hose splitters on both the hot & cold outputs and connect the washer to one side of each and the rodi to the other side of each. If you don't want to use the hot water, you just close the hose splitter.

Last edited:

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a washing machine Y and a Y splitter designed for outdoor garden hose. I need three water hookups (RODI, steam dryer and washer).

Back