Wasp fish I believe...are they typically very expensive?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've been at the shop 3 days I believe.

Yes they will survive on copepods, amphipods are just meatier and bit more substantial. They can go a couple of weeks fine without eating, when it starts to reach 3 weeks there is a point of no return. They could easily survive on the copepods and may easily take to one of the feeding methods I,ve described and foods I;ve mentioned.

Feeder guppies are also an option to offer, although as I described, they would have to catch them. I've also described a herding method to get fish to them to be able to catch.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they will survive on copepods, amphipods are just meatier and bit more substantial. They can go a couple of weeks fine without eating, when it starts to reach 3 weeks there is a point of no return. They could easily survive on the copepods and may easily take to one of the feeding methods I,ve described and foods I;ve mentioned.

Feeder guppies are also an option to offer, although as I described, they would have to catch them. I've also described a herding method to get fish to them to be able to catch.
Grindal worms and of course always maintaining a healthy copepod population wouldn't be any concern at all...will that be sufficient without the need to alternate between other foods though? I suppose I might be able to get freshwater feeder guppies...

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grindal worms and of course always maintaining a healthy copepod population wouldn't be any concern at all...will that be sufficient without the need to alternate between other foods though? I suppose I might be able to get freshwater feeder guppies...

They would need additional foods to provide a proper balance of nutrition. If not providing gut loaded live ghost and guppies; various minced seafood like salmon, mussels, clams, scallops, shrimp. Mine get live ghost shrimp gut loaded with New Spectrum algae max pellets at least a couple of times a month and occasional guppies. Live foods provide complete nutrition and the green nutrition is just how they get it in the wild, in the entrails of their prey.. While grindal worms are high in protein, you will need to supply an additional source of good fats, salmon is the best source other than live fish. You can include algae pellets in a minced mix of seafood when feeding with a pipette. It will be doubtful to keep up with a copepod population, they will likely devour tons of them in short order.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They would need additional foods to provide a proper balance of nutrition. If not providing gut loaded live ghost and guppies; various minced seafood like salmon, mussels, clams, scallops, shrimp. Mine get live ghost shrimp gut loaded with New Spectrum algae max pellets at least a couple of times a month and occasional guppies. Live foods provide complete nutrition and the green nutrition is just how they get it in the wild, in the entrails of their prey.. While grindal worms are high in protein, you will need to supply an additional source of good fats, salmon is the best source other than live fish. You can include algae pellets in a minced mix of seafood when feeding with a pipette. It will be doubtful to keep up with a copepod population, they will likely devour tons of them in short order.
I think I'll be able to find ghost shrimp!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back