Waste water from your Ro/Di?

  • Thread starter Thread starter member 99594
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I unfortunately use a lot of water, with a large RO/DI system and can't keep it all. Luckily it is a 1:1 ratio so that helps with waste. But we also have a ridiculous amount of plants so that's one use :)
Which type of RO do you have, I have a no-waste ultra filtration system similar to ro but unfortunately most minerals go through it but not chemicals or bacteria., Let us know

Here's mine

Screenshot_20200609-183613.png
 
Which type of RO do you have, I have a no-waste ultra filtration system similar to ro but unfortunately most minerals go through it but not chemicals or bacteria., Let us know

Here's mine

Screenshot_20200609-183613.png

In one of my responses on this thread I said this:
"I have an Ro1000(actually can produce around 1200gpd) that I added 20" sediment, and 20" 1micron carbon pre filters to, with the chlorashield block that comes with it and the two membranes at 70 ish psi it does well. Then I run dual DI canisters after. With that system it comes with a 2:1 and a 1:1 fitting as well"

An Evolution RO1000(two 600gpd membranes, so it can actually do 1200+gpd) that I've added extra pre filters and dual DI canisters to. Yours looks interesting, how much does it produce and how does it do it?
 
In one of my responses on this thread I said this:
"I have an Ro1000(actually can produce around 1200gpd) that I added 20" sediment, and 20" 1micron carbon pre filters to, with the chlorashield block that comes with it and the two membranes at 70 ish psi it does well. Then I run dual DI canisters after. With that system it comes with a 2:1 and a 1:1 fitting as well"

An Evolution RO1000(two 600gpd membranes, so it can actually do 1200+gpd) that I've added extra pre filters and dual DI canisters to. Yours looks interesting, how much does it produce and how does it do it?
To me this is not a downside but to others I think it will be, TDS are the same going in and coming out, unfortunately. And having 70 oysters the benefit also is they will consume a lot of the TDS and heavy metals if any present But the corrals I deal with, you are very familiar with don't mind the TDS, my filtration does does similar amount to yours, if you need DI you need to add that. At one point when the membrane is full of TDS , there's a little ball valve you open and it flushes out you open for 10 to 15 seconds. I bought it because I hate Waze, but a true RO system we'll have some, and a one-to-one , to me is acceptable.

It will produce similar to yours, and it works similar to ro filtration but it permits TDS to pass through
 
I do the same. Water the plants/garden and some of it gets saved to do laundry, or in the summer to fill up the kids small swimming pool
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new