• Start date
  • Tagged users None

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unfortunately use a lot of water, with a large RO/DI system and can't keep it all. Luckily it is a 1:1 ratio so that helps with waste. But we also have a ridiculous amount of plants so that's one use :)
Which type of RO do you have, I have a no-waste ultra filtration system similar to ro but unfortunately most minerals go through it but not chemicals or bacteria., Let us know

Here's mine

Screenshot_20200609-183613.png

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which type of RO do you have, I have a no-waste ultra filtration system similar to ro but unfortunately most minerals go through it but not chemicals or bacteria., Let us know

Here's mine

Screenshot_20200609-183613.png

In one of my responses on this thread I said this:
"I have an Ro1000(actually can produce around 1200gpd) that I added 20" sediment, and 20" 1micron carbon pre filters to, with the chlorashield block that comes with it and the two membranes at 70 ish psi it does well. Then I run dual DI canisters after. With that system it comes with a 2:1 and a 1:1 fitting as well"

An Evolution RO1000(two 600gpd membranes, so it can actually do 1200+gpd) that I've added extra pre filters and dual DI canisters to. Yours looks interesting, how much does it produce and how does it do it?

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In one of my responses on this thread I said this:
"I have an Ro1000(actually can produce around 1200gpd) that I added 20" sediment, and 20" 1micron carbon pre filters to, with the chlorashield block that comes with it and the two membranes at 70 ish psi it does well. Then I run dual DI canisters after. With that system it comes with a 2:1 and a 1:1 fitting as well"

An Evolution RO1000(two 600gpd membranes, so it can actually do 1200+gpd) that I've added extra pre filters and dual DI canisters to. Yours looks interesting, how much does it produce and how does it do it?
To me this is not a downside but to others I think it will be, TDS are the same going in and coming out, unfortunately. And having 70 oysters the benefit also is they will consume a lot of the TDS and heavy metals if any present But the corrals I deal with, you are very familiar with don't mind the TDS, my filtration does does similar amount to yours, if you need DI you need to add that. At one point when the membrane is full of TDS , there's a little ball valve you open and it flushes out you open for 10 to 15 seconds. I bought it because I hate Waze, but a true RO system we'll have some, and a one-to-one , to me is acceptable.

It will produce similar to yours, and it works similar to ro filtration but it permits TDS to pass through

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the same. Water the plants/garden and some of it gets saved to do laundry, or in the summer to fill up the kids small swimming pool

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back