Watchguy's SPS Addiction (photo intense)

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been busy for a while, lots of traveling. So doing fun things. The tank is really stable. I will try to share more pictures although it may be a bit boring, same colonies over and over again. I like picture taking and whether it shows or not, I keep trying to improve my photograph skills. Sometimes pictures come out well and other times, not so well.

Here is a couple from a few minutes ago.

Z's Blue Floyd

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice one. We don't mind seing colonies getting bigger :)

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... and a pic of the chalice in pic 1 above ... ?! ;)
I don't have a picture of the one above yet but give me a little time
amazing tank, what do you do for nutrient control?

I do fairly basic nutrient control: protein skimmer, 20% water change every two weeks, chaeto with a well lit refugium and lastly siporax. I nitrate dose because my nitrates will run low otherwise and plus it helps drive phosphates down as well. I aim my nitrates at around 5 ppm but they fluctuate between 2-10, most likely because it is hard to differentiate between those values on a salifert test kit, at least for me. When I travel, and I travel a great deal, someone else baby sits the tank and it generally gets over fed and the nitrates on those occasions can get up to 25 ppm but less feeding upon return and short break form nitrate dosing will generally bring the levels in the range within a couple weeks or so.

Another pretty chalice

Z's Disguise

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple more pictures from the other day

Z's Yellow Eyed Jawdropper a slow grower but really pretty

Z's Favorite (below) This is interesting because sitting above this is a 6 inch diameter jf flame which has been shading it. I am trying to reduce the size of the JF Flame so that more light will pass down. You can see the outer branches getting color in contrast to the center that is still shaded and green.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the blue floyd actually have blue branches or is that just blue light hitting the area where the branch is white making it look blue?

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a picture of the one above yet but give me a little time

I do fairly basic nutrient control: protein skimmer, 20% water change every two weeks, chaeto with a well lit refugium and lastly siporax. I nitrate dose because my nitrates will run low otherwise and plus it helps drive phosphates down as well. I aim my nitrates at around 5 ppm but they fluctuate between 2-10, most likely because it is hard to differentiate between those values on a salifert test kit, at least for me. When I travel, and I travel a great deal, someone else baby sits the tank and it generally gets over fed and the nitrates on those occasions can get up to 25 ppm but less feeding upon return and short break form nitrate dosing will generally bring the levels in the range within a couple weeks or so.

Very cool that you are able to travel and still have these results! Could you do a shot of your sump setup if you get a chance?

Thanks!

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool that you are able to travel and still have these results! Could you do a shot of your sump setup if you get a chance?

Thanks!
Thank you. Lol, I’m traveling again but I’ll get pictures when I’m home again
Can you do an up to date FTS please I am drooling at your wide variety of corals.
Thank you. I haven’t liked a FTS of my tank yet

RR USA Pink Floyd

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back