Watchman Goby and Lawnmower Blenny

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone currently keeping both at the same time? I have a 75 gallon tank and am considering an algae blenny but my wife would like to add a watchman goby. Just curious on people's experiences with keeping both at the same time.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the goby - skip the lawnmower blenny. Most don't survive very long in captivity; not sure if it's a lack of algae thing or something else, but I've never been able to keep one for more than 6 months and they routinely die off shortly within arrival at my LFS.

Upvote 0

amigo003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both in my tank. So far there hasn’t been any aggression, but the yellow watchman gobby stays in his cave.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have both in my tank. So far there hasn’t been any aggression, but the yellow watchman gobby stays in his cave.
This is almost a year and a half old. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I have since upgrade to a 125, have a Twin Spot, Lawnmower, and Starry Blenny. I don't think I should add the Yellow Watchman - more due to the Twin Spot though.

Upvote 0

Blake509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a ywg and starry blenny in same tank smaller than your with no issues between them no aggression or anything the blenny acted like he didn't see him. Unfortunately during blackout for dinos month or so back ywg decided to explore life outside tank.

Upvote 0

amigo003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is almost a year and a half old. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I have since upgrade to a 125, have a Twin Spot, Lawnmower, and Starry Blenny. I don't think I should add the Yellow Watchman - more due to the Twin Spot though.
The yellow watchman is really aggressive as time goes on. Since the lawnmower is much bigger he doesn’t attack, but when my scooter gets close he gets mad.

I just started the salt water side of fish keeping, so… it wows a bit late of a post.

Upvote 0

Blake509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennys are fine in captivity never had issues with them eating. My starry eats anything and everything he's a thick boy. As long as you supplement diet with veggies should be fine. I did wait until my tank was established for almost year before adding just so there was algae he could pick at as he pleases.

Upvote 0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back