Watchmen goby very timid

SeattleReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2025
Messages
152
Reaction score
68
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow watchmen goby is very timid, I bought him about a month ago and he is doing fine but when I get close to the tank he darts back into his rock. I was wondering if this is common and will it get better with time. He is out of his burrow when I am far away. I have 2 clownfish but they have not shown any aggression towards him. He is eating and breathing normally.
 
I had a flag tail watchman thats super chill and wouldnt care if im around and another pink spotted watchman still very timid after 2 years and a bit territorial, but it hangout everywhere in tank when im not near.
 
I think it is normal for yellow watchman goby to be super shy. Mine comes out every day for an hour or so around the same time in the evening to feed and that's really the only time I see him... if I move anything around I might not see him for days. His pistol shrimp is even more shy. :)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new