Water change

Pieman2027

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 58 liter tank how often sand how much do I change I've been changing 20ish liters every 2 weeks

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I change mine once a month but it all depends on your water parameters. If your water tests are off you may need to change more often.

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The" rule of thumb" is 10% a week or 20% every two weeks.

46gReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 46gallon with a fairly heavy bioload, I do weekly waterchanges alternating between 5 & 10 gallons

yOdaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do water changes (10%) every 2 months but I dose alk and calcium everyday and all my corals are doing great

Rikerbear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do 20% weekly on my 16 gal mixed reef nano and 10% on my 29 gal fish/softies tank

Last edited:

facade480

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 breeder with a 20 sump. I do about 20 gallon every 2 weeks. But I think in the end of the day water change should really be based on your parameters...if you parameters are not looking good you should do a water change asap...

Otter_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Studies have shown in the past that if you are dosing and replacing the most important chemicals that corals and fish absorb and are able to keep your water chemistry stable, then more than a 10% change once a month is a waste. If you don't test your water, and don't dose chemicals, then larger changes more often is necessary.

Brent \><{{{{*>

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Studies have shown in the past that if you are dosing and replacing the most important chemicals that corals and fish absorb and are able to keep your water chemistry stable, then more than a 10% change once a month is a waste. If you don't test your water, and don't dose chemicals, then larger changes more often is necessary.

Brent \><{{{{*>
I agree with this. As long as you keep nutrients low and are dosing there realky isint need to do many water changes considering thosr are the two reasons you do one. On my thirty gallon ULNS, I only change 2 or 3 gallons every other week, and i really only do it out of routine or just in case i had excess nutrients at some point.:)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back