Water evaporation

Shelbytwp123

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2017
Messages
289
Reaction score
101
Location
MIchigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have 40 gal breeder with 20 gal sump . Have screen cover on the DT and it seems like I evaporate 1-1.5 per day.... question is how much you do you guys evaporate daily with similar tank size?

Thank you
a5cc2bb35feea1e6c3f9a819b31b2087.jpg
 
Hey guys I have 40 gal breeder with 20 gal sump . Have screen cover on the DT and it seems like I evaporate 1-1.5 per day.... question is how much you do you guys evaporate daily with similar tank size?

Thank you
a5cc2bb35feea1e6c3f9a819b31b2087.jpg
So much goes into evaporation. The biggest factor is how dry the air in your house is. I have a 120g tank with a total water volume around 150g. On weeks where my AC and heat rarely run and I can keep windows open I may only evaporate 1g a day. On days where my AC is constantly running, which dries out the air, I can evaporate over 2g a day.
 
Thank you . Was just comparing my water loss to some of the others
 
I have a 40b with 20 sump and go through about 8 gallons a week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new