Water Level Inside Display

CaseyC33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Have another question. I set up a 40 breeder and have a question on the water level in side the display.

I am using a canister filter and have noticed water in the back of the tank sits lower than in the front. All of my rock (40lbs) sits more towards the back as well. I will be adding about 8-10 pounds of live rock from another tank as this is my upgrade tank.

The tank is perfectly level- I checked the stand before and after filling with water and tank is level as well and sitting on the IM neoprene leveling mat. The return is obviously on the back as well.

Is this normal or any idea of fixing?

Casey

TheFunnyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From a carpentry standpoint, having the water level higher in the front indicates the rear of the tank is higher than the front.

You’re adding +-342lbs of water and the weight of the tank to an unladen leveled stand, so it’s entirely possible part of your floor compressed more in the front.

How was level determined, a spirit level or laser, and what’s the difference between back & front water? Any pictures of the overall assembly could help ID the issue.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without flow the water has to be completely level, if it is not parallel to the tank then the tank probably isn’t as level as you think it is.

OP
OP
C

CaseyC33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a bubble level.

The top of the tank is still level. Potentially a degree off on the back (according to my phone level, so potentially the issue.

It’s an imagitarium 40 gallon metal stand on new luxury vinyl tile.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back