Water level sensor, relay ,breakout box

Recipe2reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2020
Messages
46
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping there are some smart electronic engineering people here that might be able to tell me if I need a relay for this level sensor or can I plug it straight in the apex breakout box. If I do need a relay I’ll need help choosing one and setting it up.

8E0FBFB6-E1AA-46B8-B22F-FF4E70C612F3.png
 
it looks like you will need a power supply for this. that sensor looks like it works the same as neptunes optical sensor on the fmm.
if you want something to hook directly to the break out box you might want to look for a float switch.
something like this
Amazon product ASIN B00909404Y
 
I just thought I would update every one that I finally got to wire up the sensor and I works really well.

7344AF93-5C34-4507-B693-08B46BD2C42A.jpeg
 
You can see I have just used Velcro so I can easily remove it when I clean the cup.
 
These are the two items I used. If any one it interested in making their own.

820141BA-8827-4CC5-925B-0DF8AC85C26A.png 119B813A-53EB-44D6-8EBF-A85ED7FDB5C0.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new