Water lvl

Gonebad395

Anemone hound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok #reefsquad I have a question in my biocube I have a intank media rack in chamber 2 heater in chamber 1 return in chamber 3 along with my micro ato sensor and ato water tube. That being said I have a line drawn for my water lvl where the sensor is at to refill to. Now in my media rack I have filter floss and purigen and gfo. Now when I chang my filter floss the water drops until I put new in I have the system shut off while doing this. I use the pillow filler non fire resistant and non chemical treated you can buy from Joann’s fabric.
When I put the new in it’s never the same amount kinda hard to weigh it out so I eyeball it. When I turn the system back on and the return balances the water lvl out sometimes the water is higher then my mark and sometimes it’s lower. Higher isn’t a problem it’s the lower that my ato fills to so I’m adding water in place of filter floss how do you guys make the latter not happen to maintain salinity I Chang my filter floss about 2 times a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say put in your new filter floss and judge the water level when it becomes saturated and then take some out or add more to make sure that your water level tops out correctly. Or just adjust the sensor every time - which is probably what I would do

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back