Water mixing station, stacked or side by side

Benoit Martin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to start building my water mixing station with 2 Brute 32G cans. I have just enough room to have them side by side but I'm also thinking about stacking them to save a bit of horizontal space for storage.

I have the feeling that whichever configuration I pick I'll wish I'd pick the other one later

Right now, side by side would allow easier access but I'll need the pump to move freshwater to saltwater can.
Stacked will allow water transfer to be done with gravity but the freshwater can will be pretty high for monitoring and cleaning.

I'm hoping to hear from people who maybe have had both on which one they liked best and why.

Thank you

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built mine side by side last week. Eventually will upgrade and add a pump to be able to pump wherever I need it and up to the DT with a hose or dosing unit. Will also be adding more permanent lights, etc. Elevated it off the floor to gravity fill containers for now. Have my RODI with valves to fill whichever I need.
5CECD6C0-04DB-4844-ABAA-D3ED7598AD4A.jpeg

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For full disclosure: borrowed the design the multiple members in the “Let’s mix it up” thread. Blended concepts from a few different builds that matched my space. There are numerous great layouts on there to get inspiration and members to answer questions about their designs. Helped me a ton.

OP
OP
Benoit Martin

Benoit Martin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For full disclosure: borrowed the design the multiple members in the “Let’s mix it up” thread. Blended concepts from a few different builds that matched my space. There are numerous great layouts on there to get inspiration and members to answer questions about their designs. Helped me a ton.
Thank you for the pointer to this thread. I did read another similar one but one can never look at too many pictures of other members DYI projects before getting started

rfgonzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like stacked. This is mine and the only thing I would change is the bottom pump location. The pump went out on me 2 years ago and it was a pain to get to. It's under the bottom brute. If I build again it will be outside the wood frame.

IMAG0602[2474].jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 75 29.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 73 29.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 54 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 48 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back