Water testing massive tank

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 240G acrylic tank sitting in the grass. Currently painting the stand and it’s wet. If the grass is kinda on a small hill about a 3° slant will this be an issue? The tank is touching the grass at all points so not sure if it will matter. Just don’t wanna end up ruining my tank somehow

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 240G acrylic tank sitting in the grass. Currently painting the stand and it’s wet. If the grass is kinda on a small hill about a 3° slant will this be an issue? The tank is touching the grass at all points so not sure if it will matter. Just don’t wanna end up ruining my tank somehow
Like you have it outside, standing on dirt and grass?

OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E0DC33D2-7755-4202-B554-ACC61C6EBCAA.jpeg
Here’s how I got it set up

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine as long as you don't fill it up there ;)

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, got it, it's just hanging out here while you're doing your stand. You're good! Acrylic is super light, and without water, there isn't a lot of pressure on the panes if it's mostly even in your grass.

OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, got it, it's just hanging out here while you're doing your stand. You're good! Acrylic is super light, and without water, there isn't a lot of pressure on the panes if it's mostly even in your grass.
Alright cool I’m gonna fill it tomorrow in the driveway with the stand to make sure it can hold water. My last tank got to 200 gallons and had a massive leak in my house. Don’t want That to happen again

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're a little worried about leaks after that experience, Simplisafe has a fairly cheap setup with a water sensor you can place by your tank. They're wireless and you can place as many as you want for $20 bucks each (base station/keypad for initial setup is like $150, though). It'll alert you (and Simplisafe will call you, can confirm :p) if things start to leak or you get a little water around the tank. In my case, l didn't fully shut off the RO line and things started blaring.

OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're a little worried about leaks after that experience, Simplisafe has a fairly cheap setup with a water sensor you can place by your tank. They're wireless and you can place as many as you want for $20 bucks each (base station/keypad for initial setup is like $150, though). It'll alert you (and Simplisafe will call you, can confirm :p) if things start to leak or you get a little water around the tank. In my case, l didn't fully shut off the RO line and things started blaring.
You place them on the ground around the tank?

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I've got one beside my tank, one on the ground, and one in the cabinet that holds my RO/DI. I had a sump spill once from an ATO that locked on, so I'm a little sensitive about water leaks lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back