Waterbox 105.4 Frag Tank :-)

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How exciting!! You'l get there! Have you tried to upload a full image? You just choose it and it was ask if you want full image or thumbnail. If you upload several, you can do a choose all. A lot of times, I upload the full image, then choose it and shrink it down a bit.

Can't wait to see more! How is your scape coming?

OP
OP
Sgchick

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why I can't get the full image...well this time I did. lol. The scape is coming along..It looks better in person. Honestly not a fan of the NSA scapes, but just my personal option. This is more open than it looks. :) Lot's of room on the sides and front and back
tempImage9pc0tH.jpg

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this!! lots of layers/terraces for corals, lots of swim holes for fish and lots of sand space for corals and caves too! If you want another arch for the center left piece to bridge I'll give you one. But it's very nice. I'm not a fan of NSA either but also learned rock walls do not do so well either.

when is your "wet" date?

OP
OP
Sgchick

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Susan!! I had my rock too close to one of the sides and it was a bear to clean. Thanks for the offer of another arch. I'll see how it looks after filling. Not sure when it will get wet. Waiting on a little help from a friend in Modesto. :) Hoping he can get out soon. :)

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why I can't get the full image...well this time I did. lol. The scape is coming along..It looks better in person. Honestly not a fan of the NSA scapes, but just my personal option. This is more open than it looks. :) Lot's of room on the sides and front and back
tempImage9pc0tH.jpg
Turn your phone it will fit the whole tank better. Aquascapeing looks great, it's coming along nicely.

OP
OP
Sgchick

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my tank up and running. Met Susan Edwards another woman reefer today...yaaaayyy! Super nice and very knowledgeable. Her hubby drove us to Neptune Aquatics, my fav LFS. I used to frequent there once a week to pick up some natural seawater and RODI when I lived close by. I just planned to pick up two clownfish, (for my grandaughter), to get started, and a couple items for my little freshwater tank. The clownfish are super tiny and you know they will be named Nemo and Marlin...lol.

The owner, Robert whom I've known for 7 or 8 years gifted me four easy corals. What a surprise and so nice. Wasn't planning on putting any corals in yet, but couldn't say no to that. Susan was so nice to give me some coral dip and also had been saving some media from her tank for me.

Susan picked out some amazing coral and 3 anthias...beautiful fish. Was able to see her gorgeous tank before we left for the LFS and it's really doing well. And it's huge!! Be sure and check out her build https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/susans-rs-reefer-3xl-900-fantasy-dream-build.837955/

BD56DC32-CE78-4B74-A453-F4CA00ADBF91.jpeg

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are so darn cute! I almost wish you could have more than 1 pair in a tank except for how mean they can be lol's. Wish there was something not harmful but obnoxious to put on my hands before I put them in the water! Dread mounting my corals now haha

Had a good time. Small world to learn we have a mutual friend! And I think neptune will be one of my go to lfs's. I went to several in the sacramento area, picked up a few things that aren't doing as well as I'd like, and the selection wasn't very good either at any of the stores. My Hayward store has good corals and large fish selection but not the coral variety Robert has, or the quantity!. And his prices are so reasonable. I walked out with a lot of corals for just under 300 bucks and his anthia prices were the lowest I've ever seen. So happy we went!

Let me know if you want/need another arch later!

OP
OP
Sgchick

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New year!! The tank is doing well. Waiting on a replacement light as one of my new radions was not working. Ecotech has great customer service and I should have another light tmw. Still waiting on my ClearView lid to add any more fish. :) Just keeping things stable for now :)

OP
OP
Sgchick

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally was able to set up my apex with help from a friend, or at least some of it. Things are very different since the classic model I last had. Couldn’t calibrate my ph probe. Hopefully it’s just the 10 packet!! Have some more on order that I will get Thursday. Did not set up my orp probe or salinity. I plan to although I had issues with the salinity before so I’ll always double check it with my Milwaukee tester. Right now a low salt alarm is driving me crazy as I haven’t figured how to shut it up since it’s not calibrated. Wanting to order my fav wrasse, but no too yet and I’d never chance a wrasse. Lol Found some fun tiles to keep open on my iPad which will be cooler once I get my orp and salinity done. Oh and the tangle of cords is still present. Waiting for my son to get out and help me. He installs computer and phone lines for businesses so he should be able to help out with my tangled little mess.

Attachments

• 55FCB5B1-3A97-4AC2-BFA9-32400FF35661.jpeg
    55FCB5B1-3A97-4AC2-BFA9-32400FF35661.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 8D53B749-B01D-4404-B4D0-BEB5294F4C45.jpeg
    8D53B749-B01D-4404-B4D0-BEB5294F4C45.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 6727CC0A-3DD1-46B3-811D-36AC5709D6A7.jpeg
    6727CC0A-3DD1-46B3-811D-36AC5709D6A7.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 99CB07EA-223C-4729-9887-4EE63636C35E.jpeg
    99CB07EA-223C-4729-9887-4EE63636C35E.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
Sgchick

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...there's so many different camera attachments, I haven't figured out which one to get. I'll look into that
I can't wait to get my apex system here soon. You should look into the kick-flip phone cam attachment to filter out some of the blue in those pics. I just got one and it's night and day for pic quality!

one. You'll love the Apex for monitoring and control. There's so much you can do with it. My last one 7 years ago was very reliable. They've made lots of improvements since.

Reef_prop88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...there's so many different camera attachments, I haven't figured out which one to get. I'll look into that

one. You'll love the Apex for monitoring and control. There's so much you can do with it. My last one 7 years ago was very reliable. They've made lots of improvements since.
That's good to hear from somebody who has had alot of experience with it. It's alot of money to throw down on something that has kinda mixed reviews. I'm willing to bet alot of the people that gave the bad reviews weren't taking the time to figure out how to properly use it.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the control cabinets (for the wall-the cheaper adaptive ones) and they'll be here tomorrow. Then time to untangle the tangles lol's. Cool tiles. For apple only? Corals looking nice!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back