Waterbox 110.4 Gen2 Build (Aluminum Frame)

OP
OP
Kodock

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5195.jpeg

IMG_5197.jpeg

OP
OP
Kodock

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They are both the Ikea Alex cabinets. 1 is a drawer version for supplies (should be 604.735.48), the other is the open cabinet version (should be 705.637.65).

Control Box: Ikea Alex Cabinet:

If you’re interested in the rest

Fan: AC Infinity Airplate:

Cable management:

Power box and interface holders:

Cable gromets:

LED:

OP
OP
Kodock

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks great and is going to make for easy coral placement, well done!

Thanks! I ordered a decent sized magnetic shelf from Aqua rocks to fill some of that empty space on the right, but not take it over (be here tomorrow). Hoping torches on the right and more room for a baby tang to swim. Had a salinity crisis the other day but fixed it.. that was fun..

OP
OP
Kodock

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also bought this Ottoman on Amazon, it fits a 20g long. I’m going to cut a hole through it, with some push connects and let that be my Auto top off source.. that way I only have to fill it up like once every 2+ weeks. Maybe put a custom acrylic lid and put a pc fan or 2 to help with humidity.

(Image insert function on this site is broken for me, so I have to attach files)

Attachments

• IMG_5642.jpeg
    IMG_5642.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5643.jpeg
    IMG_5643.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 20

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also bought this Ottoman on Amazon, it fits a 20g long. I’m going to cut a hole through it, with some push connects and let that be my Auto top off source.. that way I only have to fill it up like once every 2+ weeks. Maybe put a custom acrylic lid and put a pc fan or 2 to help with humidity.

(Image insert function on this site is broken for me, so I have to attach files)
Funny, my ottoman contains all my aquarium supplies, great minds think alike.

OP
OP
Kodock

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.. I did a thing, not a fun thing, or an easy thing, but I removed the auto top off baffle in the sump. The return pump chamber is just too small, and my ATO will be outside of the cabinet anyway. I was also having a lot of microbubbles, even with foam and filter floss in the bubble trap baffle. I also needed room for a closed loop UV I’m setting up, maybe some media reactors as well.

I didn’t use all of my brain cells removing the baffle. I left the water in the return chamber to catch any glass from “hard-hitting” supporting glass and compromising it. Anyway.. I tried a razor blade and guitar wire, but it wouldn’t budge. Not a lot of room to work either way.. and I wear arm gloves in the tank, so less dexterity. I believe, maybe, the weight of the water was pushing on the trap baffle but I couldn’t remove it. The right side would budge and I got the silicone off, but the bottom and left refused to move. I had to break the glass, twice.. then remove the shattered glass and shopvac out the debris.. Shop vac slung a nasty mess of misty tank water in the air.. never again.. without a catch

A lot of dumb tactics, but it’s out and much, much better now. I would recommend removing the water from the return chamber before trying to remove the baffle. Wear some puncture proof gloves to avoid getting cut.

IMG_5840.jpeg

OP
OP
Kodock

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added clowns and a goby. Goby keeps making mountains and burying the softies. Magnetic rock in the back isn’t in it’s final place to try and acclimate the torch. Ignore the heater.. was in there for the time it took to remove the baffle. It’ll go back down. Gem tang will be here tomorrow ;) and a swarm of corals Thursday. I’ll have softies and torches on the right and sps on the left.

Next step is renting a PAR meter and seeing if I can lower/divert my flow better, then UV.

IMG_5846.jpeg

IMG_5845.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back