Waterbox 130.4 Macroalgae Display

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes please! do write up maintenance and dosing!!! I have a twenty gallon high that I have DREAMED of turning into a mixed reef full of macroalgae and funky inverts! I just can't fit as much as I'd like in the tank :( . I am absolutely mystified that you are able to keep so many "impossible" invertebrates and corals! I have never seen someone keep that type of carnation coral alive for so long!!!

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I love the macro tanks too @Pbh-reef . @Exclusive Corals would you like to write an article about growing macroalgae? Or if you prefer I could just send you some questions so we could make an article?

I would love to help put an article together regarding Macroalgae! I'll send you a PM Seawitch

Thanks everyone for your comments! I'm glad you guys are enjoying this as much as me :).

I'm planning to clear some clutter from the tank today and so some more pictures, keep an eye out for some new post later tonight!

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also love to see how you care for the tank. It really is beautiful. Also I was wondering where you source all these cool macro species?

I usually harass vendors and lfs to keep any weird things they find for me haha.

I've also been able to make some friends on FB that collect algae and bought from them.

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually forgot to post some pictures from last weeks!

Here are some pictures to enjoy until I get new ones today =)

A new Carnation Coral I acquired, I will try to keep taking pictures of this one to determine if it grows at all in the tank

ldnkpOYh.jpg

Love this Feather Starfish! He goes hiding in a nook during the day with some arms out. But during the night he'll come out and perch on the Distichopora fully open! (This is when I do a late night feeding for both starfish)

tzGUQsPh.jpg

Urocaridella antonbruunii

KaAXePwh.jpg

My Favorite Shrimp in the tank (Periclimenes Imperator)

KOUqqqCh.jpg

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it won't destroy everything, you could totally keep a sponge decorator crab. Not the spidery ones that look like doritos with legs, the red ones that look like a sponge with claws! <3

I was thinking of one but I was worried it might pick fight with my other crabs / shrimp since they're way smaller, and I didn't want it to pick at some of the rarer algae and dislodge it or something.

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the chance to do a few pictures tonight of a new Algae I got and some happy critters!

New - Scinaia Hormoides

emPeRRqh.jpg

Sea Apple nestled between the feather dusters.

1PbZUKoh.jpg

Hermit Crab living among the Christmas Worms.

nsCX72mh.jpg

Periclimenes Imperator

yl2HR8Ih.jpg

Carnation Coral, hopefully we will see some growth soon!

5dbURGnh.jpg

2y6A79dh.jpg

I really like how this portion of the tank turn out

0TRZFUGh.jpg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow gorgeous!! I love macro....like LOVE the way people are crazy about SPS. I had macro tanks a few years ago but moved and stuff happens. I just picked up a red Sea reefer nano and setting it up for macroalgae. If you ever sell clippings I will do back flips for them.

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow gorgeous!! I love macro....like LOVE the way people are crazy about SPS. I had macro tanks a few years ago but moved and stuff happens. I just picked up a red Sea reefer nano and setting it up for macroalgae. If you ever sell clippings I will do back flips for them.

Just let me know when you're ready! I will have frags available =)

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get 4 new type of Trimma / Eviota Sp and some cool inverts last week, unfortunately they're still hiding and being very elusive.

I did managed to get a few picture of the fishes and some new growth.

Eviota Pellucida

kRasiwMh.jpg

Trimma Rubromaculatus

hMSDEZRh.jpg

Trimma Striatum

gIqSJG4h.jpg

Some Nemastoma frag growing finally!

ap1W0Hxh.jpg

gtxMSo5h.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to get more images of the new stuff soon! Enjoy these in the meantime!

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have some sad news today..

A few days ago my Sea Apple decided to have a bowel movement (pictured here)

3p7TFrnh.jpg

The waste from the Sea Apple dropped on my Feather Duster and absolutely destroyed them! Everything else is fine though.

Here's a before and after picture

Before

1PbZUKoh.jpg

After

tWezgVuh.jpg

On a happier note... I did do a thorough cleaning of the tank and took a FTS!

SKXJb57h.jpg

I'm hoping to add some more inverts / Gobies into the tank this weekend so keep an eye out for some new livestocks!

Back