OP
K

KingReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tank is a little over two months old now and is deep into the ugly stage. I also got a Powder Brown tang from a local fish store that exploded with ich after about a week in the tank. I am now into my third week fallow with all my surviving fish in QT. The powder brown was overtaken with ich in QT after about 2 days and I lost my diamond goby when he decided to see if the grass was greener outside of the tank. There are some good things happening though. The remaining fish have done fairly well in QT and I will be stopping the copper in a couple more days. The brown nasty algae that took over at the start of the uglies has mostly died off and been replaced with green slime. Underneath that slime, coraline algae is really taking over the rocks. Have a lot nice color that will be showing off once I get through the green slime. The tank is maturing nicely! The water parameters have leveled off and remain consistent, so when the fallow period is over, I expect to have a pretty amazing looking tank. On the equipment side, the K2 skimmer is doing an amazing job, I highly recommend it. Pulls out loads of nasty algae remnants every day in a nice, dry skim. The AI Prime lights, after some initial bumps are running smooth and providing enough light even at a depth of 26 inches to grow, well mostly slime right now, but that's something. Overall, I am extremely happy with the waterbox tank and sump. It took me awhile to find information about how much water to have in the overflow (cover the top of the drain), but once I got that dialed in, the only noise in the room is the quiet hum of the skimmer pump. I am really looking forward to February when I can get the fish back in there and get to really enjoying the tank. I'll post some pictures later.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back